Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: £600 a week and a Toy-Boy thrown in as well!!

Curiously no mention of the fathers and their responsibility in all this.
    The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by NickInTheNorth View Post

Utter tripe. She may get a total payment of £31200, but the rent for a 4 bed council house in Gillingham is about £800 per month, so the money she has to "spend" from the total income figure given can swiftly be reduced to £21600.

Then there is council tax say £1000

So £20600 per year for everything else.

So keeping to nice round numbers she has £400 per week to feed and clothe a family of 12. Lets say £20 per week for heat / light / phone.

£380 per week so that gives about £4.50 per person per day.

How many of you self righteous individuals would like to bring up a family of 10 kids on that amount of money? It can be done, but far from easy.

!
    Thats just the point, if she cant afford them she shouldnt have kept popping them out like a toaster.

To hell with the fathers, I mean they're dicks and I'm willing to guess she's hitting them up for child support anyway. Ignoring all that though she has to take some personal responsibility.

I'm a fairly liberal guy on most things, and as Nick said this reeks of right-wing sensationalism. That being said my own opinion on stuff like this is that I have no problem supporting kids that were conceived before you went on benefits, but having children aren't a right and why should everyone else have to support kids you conceived after going on benefits.
    Last edited by RecQuery; 21-Aug-11 at 13:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazeye View Post
    Thats just the point, if she cant afford them she shouldnt have kept popping them out like a toaster.
    The point is we live in a society where the benefits system allows it to happen. We are big on rights, not so big on responsibilities. That is why I suggest the balance needs to be redressed.

Given that she has 10 kids, and is never going to get a job what does anyone suggest should be done?

The reality is that the choice that needs to be made is continue paying benefits at current levels - alternatively put them on the street and let them beg.

The current boyfriend would likely be out of there like a shot if he had to work - and there's no way of making him stay. He's not going to pay anything for the upkeep of his kids 'cos he'll just be signing on and getting his own house, so the costs to society will increase.

If she gets a part time job she will then be entitled to more benefits not less, for a start there will be working tax credits, there will also be child care payments - again the costs to society will increase.

Accept reality, and try and get the system changed for the future.
    The box said, "Requires Windows XP or better"...

... so I installed Ubuntu!

So Nick in the north your just as much saying she may as well sit at home and stay on benefits because if she goes to work she will earn more benefits child tax and other benifits well would you not think of her better if she was going out and doing somthing for society instead of getting it handed to her. And its ridicules that people can go on and on bringing kids into the world knowing they cant afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doreen View Post
    So Nick in the north your just as much saying she may as well sit at home and stay on benefits because if she goes to work she will earn more benefits child tax and other benifits well would you not think of her better if she was going out and doing somthing for society instead of getting it handed to her. And its ridicules that people can go on and on bringing kids into the world knowing they cant afford it.
    I'm pointing out the reality of the situation.

I would much prefer that she went out to work, I think it would be of immense benefit to her, to all her children, to the current and doubtless future live in boyfriends, and most of all society. However I also accept that it would cost the taxpayer more is she does so. Most posters on this thread seem to think she already gets enough so I'm not sure everyone would want her getting more...

I suggested that the system should be changed to prevent people bringing more and more mouths into the world to be fed, housed, clothed etc. at public expense. No one seems interested in discussing that, I wonder why...

I know that the hang 'em flog 'em starve 'em brigade don't much like reality, but that is the way it is.

This woman did not create the system, she merely benefits from it. If you are dismayed at what she gets then get in touch with your MP and ask him or her to get the system changed.

Tell me how you suggest the system could be improved. What checks and balances can be put in place to improve matters. But please test all your suggestions against cold hard reality before making them. Any changes need to work in the real world.

Remember this poor vacuous breeding machine is not really the problem, she is merely a symptom of the broken benefits / wages / tax system in this country. As long as the government and the media can make scapegoats like her look bad then it stops the public looking to closely at the system itself.

A lot of what your saying is right but how on earth you get these people to stop havig child after child they know that thats the easy way of getting benefits and the taxpayers has got to stump up for it so some people are quiete happy to sit back firing child after child out them and have no guilt .My daughter has worked since she was 15 and is now 27 and has been made redundent she has two little ones 6 and 2 she has paid her taxes all that years and now gets very little help and actually feels ashamed to get benefits which is buttons then you hear of people have never lifted a hand and brag about how much benefits they get

A lot of what your saying is right but how on earth you get these people to stop havig child after child they know that thats the easy way of getting benefits and the taxpayers has got to stump up for it so some people are quiete happy to sit back firing child after child out them and have no guilt .My daughter has worked since she was 15 and is now 27 and has been made redundent she has two little ones 6 and 2 she has paid her taxes all that years and now gets very little help and actually feels ashamed to get benefits which is buttons then you hear of people have never lifted a hand and brag about how much benefits they get
    Well there's always Depo-Provera, a long acting reversible hormonal contraceptive birth control drug that is injected every 3 months.

It would need legislation, and I guess it would only be used after someone shows a total dis-regard for "guidance" but it could done with sufficient political will.

Quote Originally Posted by NickInTheNorth View Post
    As always I am very happy to be vilified

Firstly, we only have the story as told by a right wing tabloid newspaper, so there is an audience to feed, and therefore it should not be assumed that we have a full and accurate story.

There first really interesting statement is that she gets £3120 per child per year.

Utter tripe. She may get a total payment of £31200, but the rent for a 4 bed council house in Gillingham is about £800 per month, so the money she has to "spend" from the total income figure given can swiftly be reduced to £21600.

Then there is council tax say £1000

So £20600 per year for everything else.

So keeping to nice round numbers she has £400 per week to feed and clothe a family of 12. Lets say £20 per week for heat / light / phone.

£380 per week so that gives about £4.50 per person per day.

How many of you self righteous individuals would like to bring up a family of 10 kids on that amount of money? It can be done, but far from easy. It takes hard work, know how, and dedication. From what we see in the article those are not likely to be characteristics with which the unfortunate woman is imbued.

So do I think her getting £31200 per year in various benefit payments i right?

A big loud YES to that one. In fact she should probably get more than that.

Do I think society has served the woman well.

A big loud NO to hat one.

Where were the social workers when she was repeatedly pregnant with no means of support (or perhaps in the past there has been good support - a wealthy partner perhaps?)

Why do we not have the right as a society to limit childbearing to "reasonable" numbers unless there is the ability to pay for them (again we don't know the history, and there could have been the means previously)?

Do we as a society really want to see a family of 12 people living on the streets and begging? If Dragonfly's course of action was followed that would be the more likely outcome than someone suddenly finding a job. Anyone that has any experience of human resources must surely know that a woman of 34 that has never worked, or a 19 year old "man" that has never worked are hardly going to top of the list of potential employees.

Yes something needs to be done about this type of situation, but what is needed is not knee jerk reactions with 20/20 hindsight. What is needed is for this society to recognise the problems that can arise in a society which quite rightly has a benefits safety net. It needs to be proactive in the education of people like this woman and her equally feckless partners. It needs to ensure that people know about their responsibilities, not just their rights. Society also needs to ensure it has the powers required to make sure those who seek to take up those benefits that are available also take up their responsibilities.

Should this woman have been allowed to breed in the unchecked manor that she has - quite clearly no.

But try to get legislation passed that has any limit on peoples rights to procreate and see how far you get

Oh and just in case anyone should think that we could kick the adults out on the street and take the kids into care that would costs about £25000 per week for this little brood!
    The year is 1972, my dad died aged 45, leaving my mum to raise 6 of 8 kids, the two oldest being 18 and 16 and having left school, my youngest sibling was aged 3 then so hadn't started school. Because my mum was 3 months short of being 41 she didn't qualify for the full widows pension, so whatever it was at that time, plus family allowance, was what she had to raise us on. Also, she didn't get any help from social services regarding clothing grants, furniture grants etc. because of what we began to realise was two dirty words: widows pension, as well as my mum being too proud to ask for help anyway. The times she did ask for help, as soon as she mentioned those words she was automatically refused, even though she didn't get the full amount pension. And my dad had worked all his life paying taxes, for what? For my mum to be continually whammied by every bloody government until my youngest sibling had left school, by which time my mum had a part-time job but paid more tax because of, you guessed it, the widows pension. But she never complained, she was raised to live on what you had, not what you think you should get. We were clothed, fed and had a roof over our heads, We didn't have any luxuries, but then again, neither did most people.

I don't care whether a story is published in a right wing, left wing or centre supporting paper, similar stories surface every so often; I'm sick of people sponging from society when they've contributed sod all to it and expect the tax payer to fund the lifestyle they think they are entitled to.

I can see both sides to the story, society could and should do more to help people in her position but giving them more money isn't the answer, a radical overhaul of the 'system' is needed, even if that means limiting the number of kids a woman/couple can have. Until then it will continually be a bugbear to the taxpayer.

Quite unbelievable....How long has this been going on?

I think this couple win first prize as Britains biggest scroungers and wow....................... what a lovely house they have.

They win the booby prize though for naming their kids.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-000-home.html

C3.......

I'm sure it's been mentioned before but what about limiting benefits for only the first 2 or 3 children? If you can afford to have more kids then by all means do so, if you can't then make sure every precaution is taken not to!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinovich View Post
    I'm sure it's been mentioned before but what about limiting benefits for only the first 2 or 3 children? If you can afford to have more kids then by all means do so, if you can't then make sure every precaution is taken not to!
    you can afford to, and therefore choose to have say 8 kids.

Out of the blue the bank you work for closes down due to the greed and stupidity of a single trader in one of the far eastern centres...

Suddenly you are out of work, with no income, and you only get benefits for 3 of your 8 kids...

Reality check required.

Corrie thats even worse than the original scroungers did ye have to put that up thats unreal they must be Britains worst scroungers lips are sealed im gonna get carried away and then im in big trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrie 3 View Post
    I think this couple win first prize as Britains biggest scroungers and wow....................... what a lovely house they have.

They win the booby prize though for naming their kids.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-000-home.html

C3.......
    That piece is dated July 2007.

Are they still there and still getting that much?
    D'oH! My brain hurts...

once again it's the system at fault. Yes they are rather stupid, and yes they really should not have had the kids, but they have had them.

The system then has to deal with it. The minimum bedroom requirement would be 8, and the benefit amounts are about right, according to the rules.

These people are not doing anything illegal. Have a go at the system, but not them.

It is not there fault the system is so stupid. There are many instances in which people cannot afford to work due to the stupidity of the benefits system.

And shame on the kids but if thats the way they have been brought up their not going to bother either all my children are grown up now but they all work and im proud they are contributing to society ive heard a few of their friends bragging with all the benefits they get why should they go out and work oh how hard it is for me to keep my mouth shut Grr
    loving it doreen agree with everything you have said and why shud you be banned for saying what most of us are thinking x

Thank you Purple lady god if i could only let rip but mod disna like what ive said he has given me a warning dont think he likes my opinions on here and ive seen a lot worse im on three months probation never mind if you could read my mind well you have probably guessed how i feel about this thread.

Thank you Purple lady god if i could only let rip but mod disna like what ive said he has given me a warning dont think he likes my opinions on here and ive seen a lot worse im on three months probation never mind if you could read my mind well you have probably guessed how i feel about this thread.
    The Mods / Admin do not give out infractions for nothing Doreen, you must have upset a few other Orgers, so no crocodile tears please
    Last edited by golach; 21-Aug-11 at 20:02.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Now now Golach i will have less of yer lip and i thought you were nice now im gonna cry you really have upset me you always get one tut tut lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast