Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Warning

Default Warning

This may be moved but thought it needed posting here.
    Ok just want to make everyone aware that is not already, there is a dog fighting ring in Aberdeen, dont tie your dogs up outside shops etc and stay vigilant as they steal these dogs as baiting dogs. They are also on the look for dogs free to a good home or cheap.

Are folk coming to Caithness from Aberdeen to pinch dogs?

All dogs are at risk and it is better to give out the warning than not...hopefully our Caithness dogs are safe, but Aberdeen is not all that far away...better to be safe than sorry.

Ok, put yourself in the shoes of a dog napper, I need a dog to fight and I am in Aberdeen will I head north for 4.5hrs to the tiny backwater of Caithness in my quest for angry mutts or perhaps south to Dundee, Perth, Glasgow, Stirling or Edinburgh where millions of people and their pets live. I think our dugs are not under any threat.

I hear there is a severe weather warning for Antartica tonight also, best be on our toes.
    Last edited by mi16; 23-Aug-11 at 14:34.

Heartwarming to see you are not worldly wise about dog fighting and don't realise these people will travel any distance to dogknap, not fighting dogs, but dogs they can use to bait the fighting dog.
    The warning has been sent throughout Scotland, not only Caithness. Thanks for your interest in posting a reply.

You are indeed corect I am a dog lover not a dog fighter.
    So these dogs they nab are to get the killing ones warmed up then?
    I realise they will travel to get their prey but surely they wouldnt go to the end of the earth to get a few mutts when there are literally thousands only an hour or two's drive away. Maybe they will cause we will be less on our guard for these dog nappers.

Quote Originally Posted by teenybash View Post
    This may be moved but thought it needed posting here.
    Ok just want to make everyone aware that is not already, there is a dog fighting ring in Aberdeen, dont tie your dogs up outside shops etc and stay vigilant as they steal these dogs as baiting dogs. They are also on the look for dogs free to a good home or cheap.
    Not that I have any dogs for rehoming at present, I do very much appreciate the warning,
    thank you.

You are right they may pick on the unsuspecting and yes the stolen dogs are used to rev up the fighting dogs;;;it is always better to be safe than sorry by letting folks know that there is the possibility. Hopefully they will stay out of Caithness.

Thank you Teenybash, thats awful.Mi16, its not that long ago that a dog was stolen from inside a car parked outside Wick post office. Another dog was stolen from Keiss, so it is quite right that Teenybash warns us. also we have had criminals come up from aberdeen to Caithness to commit crimes, and 2 men have been on trial at wick for over a week for robberies committed in Caithness and they are from England, which shows people will travel a distance
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

We are only a cheap flight away...and a train ride home...do dogs still go free on the train? I dont really know..
    But with the multitude of staffies etc here as easy pickings why not try here?

Thanks for the warning. I would have thought the thieves are more likely to go to places nobody would expect them to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadie View Post
    We are only a cheap flight away...and a train ride home...do dogs still go free on the train? I dont really know..
    But with the multitude of staffies etc here as easy pickings why not try here?
    Are you having a laugh?

Quote Originally Posted by Fly View Post
    Thanks for the warning. I would have thought the thieves are more likely to go to places nobody would expect them to go.
    But we ae expecting them now though, so where will they go next....Outer Hebrides possibly

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    But we ae expecting them now though, so where will they go next....Outer Hebrides possibly
    The pondlife in Caithness have plenty of contact with their 'friends' in the South. How do you think smack and coke get into the Far North?

There's a lot of money riding on dog fights, an easy drive to an area with soft targets.....

Indeed very true, perhaps the pond life would be stealing to order for their contacts.

Mi16
    In Outer Hebrides we have already had several dognappings, usually been pedigree, unusual varieties, usually in summer when they are out in the gardens - never usually seen again, wonder why it is usually summer.

goodness me
    Is nowhere safe

mi16

aye no where is safe and if they ever sent the rioters up here too what would be happening then.

The folk reckon the animals acquired have been taken on chance, people not used to seeing pedigree animals out playing running in gardens and decide to acquire them for themselves.

It is amazing at times what folk will acquire or think they should be entitled to acquire, due to whatever it may be lying around on somepersons land and not labelled - this belongs to .....!

Folk very rarely realise this is pinching other folks property, whatever it may be.

Quote Originally Posted by pat View Post
    mi16

aye no where is safe and if they ever sent the rioters up here too what would be happening then.

The folk reckon the animals acquired have been taken on chance, people not used to seeing pedigree animals out playing running in gardens and decide to acquire them for themselves.

It is amazing at times what folk will acquire or think they should be entitled to acquire, due to whatever it may be lying around on somepersons land and not labelled - this belongs to .....!

Folk very rarely realise this is pinching other folks property, whatever it may be.
    Wick high street resembles the aftermath of a riot with all the boarded up buildings and Castletown even has a burnt out shop..
    I think Caithness may be a training camp for wanna be rioters