Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post

Pops... less of your cheek
    What you gonna do about it sonny? If you are threatening me, you should never confuse your ambition with your ability!!!!!!
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

I would never threaten anyone... I'm not that petty

I know my limits when it comes to my ability. Unlike some other people who seem to think they are only steps away from becoming some sort of God. Not pointing fingers or anything.

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

I know my limits when it comes to my ability. Unlike some other people who seem to think they are only steps away from becoming some sort of God. Not pointing fingers or anything.
    LMAO this is funny, so where is the org boxing ring

limits are all in the mind, which means ability is never ending.

Is it that you have no sense of humour that you take me so seriously, a person that you don't know. I will, however, cease trying to joke with you as it seems to be a waste of time and your replies are becoming insultingly offensive but one tends to expect that from those who think they know but in reality , know little. Grow up a little, laddie, and don't believe what you hear on the grapevine without personal knowledge to back up your uncalled for predjudices. In a scene which thrives on jealousy, backbiting, gossip and downright lies you should be sure of your ground before hurling your petty insults.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2 View Post
    Is it that you have no sense of humour that you take me so seriously
    I got to here and stopped reading because I knew by the rest of the post that it'd just gone off in a rant about nothing.

Unfortunately as a "child" someone stole my sense of humour when I was at school one day. I will hunt them down and get it back one of these days. Until that moment, I shall remain humorless.

I indeed need to ask why you flew off the handle about nothing and took my last comments so personally?

I've never been much of a Marvin Gaye fan, so hearing whatever I've heard through the grapevine doesn't ring true with me.

Before I finish... I must ask how you can tell me to grow up, when in fact you, don't know me?

Ok guys, both of you, calm down! Or else i'll send chuck norris round to your houses to roundhouse kick both of you! I jammed with him in the central last nite, great mandolin player that he is. ooooohhhhh yeaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!

I heckled him and lived to tell the tale. Besides... I know one of the other four horsemen. I'm safe

I don't know wether to call you brave or stupid for heckling chuck, you could have been killed! mind you, i think he's let himself go a bit. must be all the guiness hes been drinking. Darren from the Hogg was too scared to heckle him and left early.

As was Mr Kev Hogg. Both checked in with me to make sure I was still alive!

Quote Originally Posted by moncur View Post
    Darren from the Hogg was too scared to heckle him and left early.
    I judged my night on his facial expressions. While he was smiling I was quite happy to stay. As soon as he frowned and stood up I was outta there!!!!

Well done to Jeid for standing up to the living legend though...

I dunno if any of you saw... but at one point he took his jewellery off, I thought it was curtains for us all.

At one point he indicated the snip to Moncur. I thought it was all over for him.

I dunno if any of you saw... but at one point he took his jewellery off, I thought it was curtains for us all.

At one point he indicated the snip to Moncur. I thought it was all over for him.
    I think Kevin had 'The T' on speed dial incase a situation had arose. Thankfully it didn't!

Well at one point during the set, he got up to leave. not before giving me the 'handshake of death'. He near enough broke ma hand! But i gave him my 'Here bey, I'll put e death in ye if ye try any o that stuff' look. Him and his sidekick promptly left the establishment.

. Not pointing fingers or anything.
    I think that the above statement is sufficient in context to create extreme annoyance, don't you? You mask, without success, the implications of your comment which comes nastily back at me for trying to joke with you as I would a grown-up. Knowing, as I do, the core of the grapevine I can see exactly where you're coming from and I am certainly not amused.
    How can I tell you to grow up without knowing you? I have been reading your posts for almost a year and it does not take a genius to extrapolate a fair idea of the personality of the poster and of course, you are a fairly young specimen of local musicianhood, obviously lacking in wisdom as you are lacking in years.

As far as not heeding "the grapevine", where did your rather pointed comment about "becoming some sort of God" come from?

And BTW, you seem to have a fairly fixed idea about me and you know me as little as I know you. Sauce and goose and gander comes into mind.

Maybe you're reading things out of context here eh?

I could very well be pointing fingers at other members of this music forum or music scene who seem to think that their abilities make them almost god like. IE... Big egos.

So, by reading my posts you can tell me to grow up? Right, so if I read your posts and thought you were annoying... would that ring true in person? Don't take this one to heart too. I was talking about in general.

You seem to think that because you're what... late 50's early 60's that we should all look up to you and respect everything you say. This is the thoughts of an idiot if you ask me. People, no matter what their age, race or sex, should be treated as equal. As I've said before, wisdom is great... as long as you know how to use it.

What you think of me really doesn't bother me. You could damn me to hell and whatever else. I won't be losing sleep.

As for my comments about some sort of god. If you actually read my post which it stemmed from... let me quote myself.

I was actually referring to ability.

Another few moments of my life wasted explaining things to you...

I have a solution to our mutual dislike. Don't reply to my posts and I will ignore yours. I would quite happilly repeat anything I have said on the forum to your face. The grapevine tells me that is unlikely that you would do the same. My exreme age and experience makes it quite easy for me to see through the ego posturing of youg musos with nothing to back up that ego.
    Stick by your statements and stop prevaricating and making excuses for your attitude.

[QUOTE=Gleber2;146918]I would quite happilly repeat anything I have said on the forum to your face. The grapevine tells me that is unlikely that you would do the same.QUOTE]

Knowing Jeid as a friend I can assure you that the grapevine is very VERY wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2 View Post
    I have a solution to our mutual dislike. Don't reply to my posts and I will ignore yours. I would quite happilly repeat anything I have said on the forum to your face. The grapevine tells me that is unlikely that you would do the same. My exreme age and experience makes it quite easy for me to see through the ego posturing of youg musos with nothing to back up that ego.
    Stick by your statements and stop prevaricating and making excuses for your attitude.
    Perhaps your end of the grapevine needs updating. I have no problem with confrontation. In fact, I quite enjoy it. I have no time for people who whinge behind others backs. If I don't like something, I'd rather say it to them.

This is very good skill to have if you work with people. If there's tension in the air, it boils over. If you tell someone to their face that there is a problem then you end up having a lot more respect for each other and can work better.

I'd gladly repeat anything I've said on here... and more.

Wait a minute... are you trying to say that I have an ego?

Hahahhahahahahahaha...

You need to look in the mirror. hahaha...

I love how you take things so serious. It fills me with joy.

Get some new sources pops, they are so far from the mark you wouldn't believe it.

I'd gladly repeat anything I've said on here... and more.
    Then perhaps we should give you the opportunity to put your money where your mouth is.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast