Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: New term - music lessons available

Smile New term - music lessons available

Spaces now available for new pupils!

Contact katrinathurso@aol.com or 893517 to find out more.

Free trial lesson (or free "come and try" session if you're not sure which instrument you'd like to play.)

I teach all woodwind and brass instruments at all levels - I have some instruments available to lend to beginners.

I can help pupils who are studying for SQA Standard Grade, Higher or Advanced Higher Music to get better grades in their listening paper and can also provide feedback on compositions for SQA exams. (If you're struggling to understand those SQA "concepts" then please don't wait until April to ask for my help - I can help you NOW! )

I also enjoy teaching early grades violin and piano.

Music theory lessons available at all levels (remember you'll need an ABRSM grade 5 theory pass in order to move on to higher grade practical exams on any instrument...)

Contact Katrina Gordon (01847) 893517 or katrinathurso@aol.com with enquiries.

(remember you'll need an ABRSM grade 5 theory pass in order to move on to higher grade practical exams on any instrument...)

Not according to the SQA
    http://www.sqa.org.uk/files_ccc/Music_Higher_C23112.pdf
    Did I miss read the document or do you perhaps mean that the Associated Board theory grade may help you?

That is referring to practical music exams, not SQA Music Higher. You only need to be able to play to grade 4 to get SQA music higher. Getting the Associated Board higher grades ie 6, 7 and 8 does require you to have the grade 5 theory as stated. You didn't misread the document, just the post.