Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All Star Factory

The Godfather Guest

Good on them, taking on the might of Warner Bros. Odeon Etc.
    I think the seats are very comfortable, the place is always warm (unlike Wanrer Bros. in Inverness), it is far clearer than any big cinema Ive ever been in. And the sound quality if fine. Who cares if it is Dolby Surround 7.521352634 Digital Fancey Thyngamajic if you understand the film. The food is a bit pricey but thats cinemas.

madpict wrote
    At least the hotdogs are soft and are relatively noise free during mastication
    The last time I went to allstar factory(2 weeks ago) hotdogs were not being sold and never have been.Have they just started putting them on the menu?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

I mentioned the soft drinks as obviously they dont get huge drums of the stuff delivered but by the taste of them they do add far more water that is prescribed in the "recipe".

Like with robinsons diluting juice, it says 4 parts water to 1 part concentrate, yes you have the choice to add more water than prescribed but if they did it to the whisky in the pub and call it a measure, I'm sure you'd complain about it then.
    .::Zael::.

"I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code."

I love the All Star Factory Cinema, and sure, it's not perfect, but we really should be thankful that we have a cinema now. typical bloomin Caithnesians, never happy unless they are gurning.......ya grumbleweeds

The picture and sound quality are excellent in Screen 1, Screen 2 always has the sound turned up too loud and the sound quite often distorts, but the picture is fine.
    The ticket prices are reasonable and just like any other cinema in the country the refreshments are way overpriced, but me and the missus just take two bottles of water with us and buy a kids size popcorn to share.

The only real problem i have with the All Star Factory is with the Manageress, she's a grumpy soor faced old moo and is as helpfull as a face full of plooks on a first date
    The resturant was diabolical when i went there a couple of years ago, i swore i would never eat there again so i have no idea if it's any better now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo
    I love the All Star Factory Cinema, and sure, it's not perfect, but we really should be thankful that we have a cinema now. typical bloomin Caithnesians, never happy unless they are gurning.......ya grumbleweeds

Have to agree. It might not be a 10 screen multiplex but I can't think of many towns of 11,000 population with better.

Use it, or loose it.

I like All star factory, I won't buy any refreshments because I think they are over priced. So I do without and either eat well before or afterwards
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by mareng
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo

Have to agree. It might not be a 10 screen multiplex but I can't think of many towns of 11,000 population with better.

Use it, or loose it.
    I agree with you there Mareng..
    Incidently Nigeria not all bad
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux.

Default all star factory

also with the new city style bar opening next month thurso should have a good venue to go to other than visit one of the Cardosi establishments and help make him a billionaire!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12