Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Bearded Dragon

Default Bearded Dragon

Is there a local breeder ?
    Son is asking for one, not decided if he can have one, just checking how far we'd have to go to get one from a breeder...

pets @home have them x

Yeah I know but I asked for a breeder not a shop ;-)
    Same for livefood, is there somebody up here who breeds livefood (crickets, mealworms, waxworms) ??
    Yes I know, Pets at home does them too (do they?), but they have stood on a shelf for a while after being shipped around....

my daughter has fallen in love with them, we were out at my cousins last week and he has one, no my cup of tea lol, but interesting to watch, he gets his food from someone on ebay, live aswell lol.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Ricks live food is a good place for feeders.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Not in Caithness as far as I can tell, although he hasn't got an address on his web page. To get the food fresh you have to pay for the tub of crickets or worms and special delivery, that's pretty expensive food....
    Still looking for a local breeder then....

Know what u mean about delivery Pay £20 to get mice here. As far as i know there are no bearded dragon breeders local, but i do have a few mates down the line who do. You can get a pet courier to pick up the animal and deliver it to you within 24 hours. Not sure on prices, but i got a quote of £70 from leicestershire to here. (really good compared to some other places)
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

The whole idea of buying from a breeder instead of a shop is not to have the animal shipped around....

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    The whole idea of buying from a breeder instead of a shop is not to have the animal shipped around....
    Sorry, was just trying to help.
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

If there is no breeder then you wiill have no choice but to have one shipped or go to pets at home or do without, your replies really are quite rude so I wont waste my time being polite.
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
    If there is no breeder then you wiill have no choice but to have one shipped or go to pets at home or do without, your replies really are quite rude so I wont waste my time being polite.
    I didn't think I was being rude. Was I ?
    If there is no local breeder then the obvious choice for me would be to find one further south and pick the animal up myself, so I know the animal is transported carefully and well looked after on the way to minimise stress.

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyCowie View Post
    Sorry, was just trying to help.
    Yes, thank you. Appreciated.

get in touch with Kerry at Birnies in Elgin.

they deal with breeders in the Highlands and will know who's closest to Caithness

even better would be to go visit them if you can, they have a great shop and know their onions when it comes to reps

http://birnies-petshop.co.uk/default.aspx

oh, and we use Live Foods Direct http://www.livefoodsdirect.co.uk we order from them regularly, arrives in 2 days (free delivery) with very few, sometimes no, dead bait.

you're correct about Pets at Home, i've used them when desperate, but their live food is days old and stored at the wrong temperature, crickets drying out and waxworms cocooning

What kind of breed you are looking for ? Am not a breeder but i got some Pomeranian puppies at home whom i don't want to sell it for money but sell them for the people who take good care of them !
    http://www.smokingblendreviews.com/salvia-divinorum-reviewed/

If you don't want to sell them for the money I take a couple for free.... although I am not sure if they will do well in a 3ft tank and on a diet of crickets and worms :-/
    The odd pinkie could be on the menu as well...
    What do you think ?