Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Hemlsdale River, Otters

Default Hemlsdale River, Otters

Sat in the car eating our fish supper on the harbour and saw a couple of Otters splashing about. Never seen any in the wild before. Beautiful sight!
    As one door shuts, another one slams in your face.

Yes stekar, I can well imagine your delight at seeing such a beautiful sight as two otters playing together on the banks !!

Only once have I been lucky enough to see such a sight and that was on the banks of Thurso river (directly opposite the Tourist Info Centre) whilst me and my OH were having a sandwich in the car.......spectacular sight; you almost don't want to breathe incase you scare them away, LOL !!
    I'm the kind of woman whose feet hit the floor each morning, and the Devil says........... " Oh, Blast She's Up !! "

Managed to get a some photos of them, not the best, but so pleased I saw them. It's took me days to figure out how to get these photos on here, lol!

http://s1090.photobucket.com/albums/i366/stekar/

Last edited by stekar; 13-Aug-11 at 18:50. Reason: adding photos
    As one door shuts, another one slams in your face.

I agree, a wounderfull sight to see Otters.

I was like enough to see one bounding across the field towards a burn. This was back during the snows last winter. The burn happens to run around my garden, so I nice and warm in the living room.

hi there..

i love looking over landscape views..

dvi kvm