Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: why is music from caithness so bad??

First there was Puff Daddy aka P Diddy, then there was Fifty Cent aka Fiddy, now we have Kristafur aka Divvy Troosers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2 View Post
    This child should be pitied not hated. He obviously has great problems and we should be more understanding. It must be difficult to live being so retarded and ignorant. He may indeed be a budding genius who will shock us all.
    I was just about to say this.

Just because someone is a / idiot/ fool/ ignorant (delete as appropriate) does not neccessarily mean their music is/ would be terrible. A lot of my friends (in bands) are some of the nicest people I've had the pleasure of coming into contact with, but that doesn't mean I like their music. In fact, I don't really like their music in the main. Same goes for a lot of bands whose members I really detest, nasty pieces of work that you wouldn't want to be associated with - their music is, quite often, fantastic. So I'll refrain judgment on the dude her until I've heard his music. A numpty all the same, though.

What's that saying again?....

Oh yes! There's no such thing as bad publicity!

I skipped half the thread because looks like a lot of "flaming" is going on (or whatever the kids call it these days)....

The reason I write is because if what he is trying to get at is there is no "talent" in caithness - He would be hugely wrong.

For a start you have to appreciate the population of Caithness is akin to a large town/small city like Inverness. How many bands that have "made it" do you know from anywhere in Scotland other thn Glasgow or Edinburgh - I bet you could count on one hand. Caithness is simply very small and thats why there arent many recognised talent.

Cant be bothered writing much more but other factors working against us are most youngsters with any talent hit University at around 17, facilities/practice rooms are limited, local talent nights are few and far between and public interest in rock nights is uncertain.

At the end of the day its circumstances that force bands away from caithness as the climate doesnt allow bands to be sustainable.

MMMMMMMM well i think i know who this person is !!! I didnt realize that kristafur could speak properly never mind rap!!!!But saying that havent heard his music so i cant really comment.

Much more used to seeing him getting thrown out of bars and hurling abuse at the owners so maybe his lyrics contain alot of swear words that would fit the bill i dare say!!!!

LOL, entertaining read.

I don't see how this guy thinks he has the right to judge everyone else. for one thing, he seems to "specialize" if you can call it that, in a different genre of music to the rest of the musically talented people in Caithness. second thing is, many of the bands in caithness are made up of very talented people, who don't expect to become famous, or are just doing it for fun. The main reason for my interest in music is because i enjoy it, and its something i can enjoy participating in with other people. even if u spent 5 minutes at the music-link-media youth club in wick you would realise that there are alot of talented youths in wick, and these are people who are just beginning to create music. they may not play alot of original songs, but many are in the process of writing songs. u may not have realised that it's alot harder to write good songs as opposed to rap songs, rather than just lyrics and a beat you need chord structure and a melody, and alot more on top of that.
    now im not opposed to rap music, i like quite alot of it, but when somebody as arrogant as kristafur slags off all caithness musicians, many of whom im close friends with, and many more of whom are probably far more talented than he could ever be, then expects us to support his album, then it kinda annoys me. annoys me alot actually. phew, rant over.
    I Was Born Brilliant; Education Ruined Me

I come over to thurso to see my soulmates of over 30 years every year ive seen live music in the newmarket & the grove many times, You simply cant beat live music well done you guys that get up & go for it, Dont ever stop

Could someone please kindly post a link to the immortal Kristafur's myspace. Or some other link so i can have a good chuckle while i sit here bored, ANYTHING to hear this Gansta' Rap from the 'ghetto' side of the county.

Oh and Naill....i'll doubt Jeid's offer of a pound. Let me make that a little clearer....

£2 if you post the mp3!!!!

I'm guessing you mean double young sir?

I've heard it... lol

Um....yeah

Maybe i should start proof-reading my posts!

You seem not to understand that it is our tradtionaly music and i think that you should NOT have anything to do with music if that is the way you are going to recat about it. You dont know much about our music and i think that you have no right to say someone is drunk when they were only defending our music! AND you dont call anyone in Caithness a reject as you must be the reject if you cant enjoy our music. if you are to reply to this message then email me! You dont know the meaning of the word MUSIC!

Default Yo!

There are some good musicians in Thurso Mr rapper on the crapper the point i do agree with is well if i picked you up correctly is the lack off quality venues, there is just nowere decent to play and yes Thurso is boring, that's why musicians in Caithness who are in bands or starting up bands should make it there priority to get the hell out off this place and play elsewere.

Taz. (bass player from the Howling Gaels)
    Last edited by TazHowlinGael; 11-Oct-06 at 20:59. Reason: Would have gotten sacked.

Quote Originally Posted by davidtashnizi View Post
    There are some good musicians in Thurso Mr rapper on the crapper the point i do agree with is well if i picked you up correctly is the lack off quality venues, there is just nowere decent to play and yes Thurso is boring, that's why musicians in Caithness who are in bands or starting up bands should make it there priority to get the hell out off this place and play elsewere.

Taz. (bass player from the Howling Gales)
    taz edit your message to respell Gaels..just a slip I know but it bugs me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by clash67 View Post
    taz edit your message to respell Gaels..just a slip I know but it bugs me lol.
    Even though it's your original name!!!!
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

Even though it's your original name!!!!
    Yes you're right there gleber2 but that was nearly 20 years ago...my oh my but time does pass so quickly. I remember recording at a certain " Red Rock Studios" those were the days.

Yes you're right there gleber2 but that was nearly 20 years ago...my oh my but time does pass so quickly. I remember recording at a certain " Red Rock Studios" those were the days.
    Still got the master with Henry and Marty!!!!

Still got the master with Henry and Marty!!!!
    Nooooo! Can I have a copy? Just for nostalgia.
    Last edited by clash67; 11-Oct-06 at 22:38. Reason: spelling error

Nooooo! Can I have a copy? Just for nostagia.
    I'll dig out the ancient technology and give you a bell.

Default Thanks

I'll dig out the ancient technology and give you a bell.
    Thanks, I look forward to hearing how good, bad or indifferent we were back then.It will bring back a lot of memories.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast