Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: why is music from caithness so bad??

Gawd vintage Gaels - surely that's worth posting an MP3 or two from!!!!

Anyway, I too know about the lack of venues up here - that's one of the main reasons I gave it all up some 13 years ago - just not getting enough gigs.

Before anyone else says it I know it doesn't help that we played electropop in an area where it's mainly rock, country, blues or scottish which goes. However the problem of decent venues remains.

As for Kristafur, I did listen to the track in question and genuinely have heard worse (no comments again please ) but to say that Caithness lacks musical talent is a load of tosh. If it was not for our location I reckon many of our musicians could have made it much bigger - it's only in our favour that they choose to remain here so we can benefit.

There really is nowhere that can be classed as a music venue. We use the Redwood for gigs, and admittedly, they are always keen and welcome us putting on gigs. Very enthusiastic. But that country bar interior. I'm sure they are working on that just now though.

It's gonna be a bit more of a venue once it's been done up... I hope!

this nugget cannot be serious!!!? if anything its probably the bravest post i have read.....ever. seriously tho this person can only be doing this to get a reaction from everyone on here, clearly he has nothing better to do, if he was any good then he would be spending on his music rather than trying to insult people. and if those really are his opinions its ok Mr T will pitty da fool! i know i do!

Quote Originally Posted by tattoo_tearz View Post
    and if those really are his opinions its ok Mr T will pitty da fool! i know i do!
    Brilliant... Gotta love references to Mr.T.

Can you believe it - this week I saw the trailer for a new series starring Mr T (I live in America)
    Its called "I Pity the Fool"
    http://www.tvland.com/originals/ipitythefool/
    Havent seen it yet.....
    Check out "Rules for Fools" haha
    Last edited by cullbucket; 15-Oct-06 at 02:14.
    In mitigation Mr Bruce de Wert said his client had been drinking and could remember little of the incident.

Default Angry man!!

Yeah, i think this guy has problems,

You, nor anybody has any place to say caithness music is rubbish. any part of it. Its our music and we like it that way. live with it or move out!

Just a point:- I havnt seen any live rap gigs in thurso, like................ever.

wouldnt that be interesting.......

Default Caithness music good or bad?

I am no professional musician, but I can spot talent. I play drums, decks, guitar, dance music production, as well as being involved with Thurso Youth Club. I know whether I like music of not and can say without a doubt that there is too much talent in Caithness, well groovy dj’s, bands and producers.

GROOVE ON CAITHNESS

NUFF SAID
    Last edited by roblovesplastic; 07-Nov-06 at 15:48. Reason: typo

wow just where does this guy live?,certainly not on our planet .We dont even come from Caithness and know it has a first class reputation on the music scene.
    You need to get out more and stop being so egotistical
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456