Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Tottenham Riots !

I saw the word IMMIGRANT on this thread priviously. I also saw the word "black." Not all problems are associated with BLACK IMMIGRANTS. We in the USA are having problems with IMMIGRANTS coming across our border with Mexico. Not all are Mexicans but we do have a problem with ILLEGAL drug cartels crossing our border and killing people so they can push their ILLEGAL drugs across. I believe GB has had some problems with ILLEGALS but I am not certain of the extent of that problem. You people in GB should have a clue to that problem.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by linnie612 View Post
    ??????????
    This is supposed to have started with the police killing the guy so why are these rioters targeting the property of innocent members of the public.If they are rioting because of something the police did then why are they not targeting police stations and not anything and everything that stands in their way.Yes i know they are having battles with police but burning innocent members of the public's property just proves the point that they are rioting for the sake of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Potato Head View Post
    Get the army in and flatten the bloody lot of them,these idiots are not doing it as a reprisal for the guy who was shot.Even his father was on the TV saying you are not doing this in the name of my son.
    Thes are just young idiots who are using this as an oppertunity to wreck everything and create total anarchy,if they have a beef with the police then take it out on the police but to loot and burn innocent peoples homes,shops and cars means its time to send in the army and yes,use tear gas and water cannons and if that fails get the rubber bullets out.This society is to bloody soft ,to many do gooders and to many people take the moral high ground"oh you cant do that".....well these so called human beings have no regard for law or indeed their very own society so why should the authorities have any regard for them.For the sake of the innocent law abiding people on the street,for the sake of their propreties and businessess,use force and preferably quite brutal force because thats what they deserve.
    Got it in one, the last Tottenham riots that was suposedly in protest to the death of Cynthia Jarret the mother of a local scumbag who the police were trying to arrest at the time, was actually being planned at least 2 weeks prior to this with petrol bombs and weapons being stored in local garages !!

I hope these people don't think they can get away with it. Around 400 arrests so far and there will be plenty more today. Each one arrested will shop around 6 others. It doesn't take too long to get them all. I just hope the courts will treat sentencing for crimes like arson, looting, assault, attempted murder seriously so we get them put away for a very long time.

D'oH! My brain hurts...

Quote Originally Posted by John Little View Post
    Well, let out all the murderers to make room. We'll still be safer!
    Last edited by ducati; 09-Aug-11 at 08:01.

Blimey

Injuns!!!!

Well, at least the £4million they have can go towards all the extra sky subscriptions.

They must like it: they keep going back..
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    Blimey
    I will start to worry when the two shops in Lybster get looted......

At least Wick is safe, there's nothing worth looting there.....

I have just been watching a Youtube clip from just before the election where Nick Clegg warns of possible riots if the Tories got into power, how right he was but he didnt mention that he would be a part of it..I will try and dig it out and post it!!!

C3......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YItK1...embedded#at=35

We are different from our Mediterranean friends Nick??? How??

C3.....eek:

given the crap that those that are set above us have been involved in over recent years, the thieving (mp's expenses) the coniving with the media, the cuts of services, the change to student funding, the threats to rights to secure housing, the increase in people not in work, the steep rises in food prices, the huge rises in fuel and electricity prices....

...is anyone honestly surprised that at the first hint of an excuse this looting and rioting has kicked off?

...and do you see it stopping soon or spreading further?
    The box said, "Requires Windows XP or better"...

... so I installed Ubuntu!

That they keep going back is an indication that the criminal justice system doesn't work. Surely we want to prevent reoffending? Surely we want people who have served time in prison to turn their lives around and be productive members of society not career criminals.

The events in tottenham are shocking, criminal and unjustified in any circumstances. However in a borough which has seen crime rates rising, unemployment rising, initiatives cut which sought to address social problemsand gang culture it should not be surprising that criminals are able to take advantage of that and create the mayhem we see happening as we speak. Where you get alienation, disadvantage and deprivation you create fertile ground for crime and gang culture as it offers a sense of belonging, respect and a 'place' for people who have no sense of community or society.

Do not misunderstand me here. I am not suggesting leniency, nor offering excuses for the behaviour we have seen. I am not advocating softness when dealing with these criminals or letting them off in some way. However, as a society we surely have a responsibility to reduce and minimise deprivation, therefore minimising the chances of criminals taking advantage of those who are disaffected.

The Met also must keep it's own house in order and ensure they are above reproach. I don't believe that this is the case as it stands just now. If the bullet in the radio turns out to have come from a police weapon and casts doubt on the events in question then god knows what will happen. Police must be above reproach. The Met has to rebuild it's reputation.

Finally the rivers of blood thing is just a smokescreen offering a convenient scapegoat which satisfies those people who have no understanding of society and how other people think or feel. Most young people involved in these events, living in the areas will be British, a product of British schools, British society and if Britain has created a fertile ground for crime and gangs to flourish then blaming it on immigrants is daft.
    Last edited by squidge; 09-Aug-11 at 12:36. Reason: paragraphs paragraphs paragraphs

Hmmm, it'll calm down once most of 'em are back at Uni.

This softly softly approach to discipline and justice works quite well, doesn't it.....

At least the PC brigade will be happy this morning that people are being allowed to "express themselves"!

Quote Originally Posted by NickInTheNorth View Post
    ...and do you see it stopping soon or spreading further?
    Mr Cameron, now he has finally decided to jet back from his jollies, has a very difficult game to play.

The rozzers are not going to go in heavy cos' they'll get hung out to dry by the govt that is sacking them and cutting their pensions.
    All the kids now know they can just go rampaging as they wish 'cos the coppers aren't able and allowed to go in heavy and (understandably) not willing to put themselves in harms way to protect some shops from getting looted.
    The polis management, having shafted their rank and file, are finding that the rank and file aren't volunteering for extra duty so literally cannot get enough fed boots on the street.

In a way it's almost an unwitting conspiracy.

So, what does he do? He can't send the army in as that has already been rebuffed by the Home Office and it would be a real topping off to the embarrassment of pre 2012 Olympics.
    He has to get it nipped in the bud, but how? If he doesn't he's weak.

He has a lot of behind the scenes work to do with his party advisers. This is going to be a very political issue now.
    And it's another dry day by the looks of things darn sarf and when the kids are off skule that is not a good combination. Tonight is going to be very interesting indeed.

(mebbe get Jim Anderton back from retirement)
    Last edited by Phill; 09-Aug-11 at 10:28.

Instead of bringing in our over stretched Armed Forces to control this situation, I would suggest that the Government should bring across the experts at controlling this type of rioting.....The Northern Ireland Police. I know this would not be possible, under present day politics....but just a suggestion.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Nice weather for it.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast