Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Tottenham Riots !

Oh I think they are going to try and be nice/reasonable in the beginning..You see the Police cannot fight the whole Community, so they have to gain the support of the Majority of the people, and then they will do some strict enforcement.
    Whatever happens the Police are criticized. If they move in too quickly with Force they are wrong, and in this case where they tried to temper things they are wrong again....
    So, for the purposes of satisfying all, this appears to be their strategy.....
    Kinda sad to see the UK go like this....but we must look at the Politicians who allowed this to occur.......

One less scumbag on the streets.

Interesting watching Sky/BBC and the present 'activity' in other parts of the City, close-ups show a number of white fellows near the front throwing stuff at the coppers, this ain't the poor downtrodden masses, but the bloody anarchists - they are pretty nimble getting the not-so-bright fodder to get stuck in.. all these Blackberry messages telling all to meet at certain points - usual anarchist procedure..
    Fair enough they will collar a fair few by the use of ubiquitous cameras, CCTV, news coverage.. But what'll happen? they'll go in front of the beak and get a paltry fine.. never mind, makes 'em sell a pair of nice Nike's looted, or a small TV though!
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

Quote Originally Posted by cazmanian_minx View Post
    There's a very good police blog called Inspector Gadget, written by a currently serving police inspector. He sees the Olympics as one of three possible big flashpoints for rioting in the next year, the other two being the eviction of a large gypsy camp and an EDL protest march in Essex, both scheduled for next month. He's actually edited the post to take that information out now (I saw it on RSS feed) but the blog is fascinating and often heartbreaking reading.

http://inspectorgadget.wordpress.com/
    Very interesting reading. Tks for the 'heads up'....s

It would appear that we have both noticed the same things in some of the televised pictures bekisman, as I said in my previous post this has all the signs of anarchists at work.
    I picked up that in a certain London area that is well known for it's majority that are of afro/caribean extraction, the yobs leading the attack looked to be mostly eurasian, now there's a funny thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Corrie 3 View Post
    Does anyone think we have gone soft on this type of criminal?
    Got it in one! If folk can run riot at school without any kind of discipline, then they soon figure they can do the same in the "real world"

Reap what you sow and all that....

Watching this madness unfold on the tellybox tonight. Birmingham has started now, no doubt there will be other skirmishes in other large cities.

Something that seems to have been missed in a lot of reports is the work of the fireybobbies, stretched beyond limits with very restricted working practice due to the violence.
    Fire engines with riot shields and crews being bricked as they try and fight fires.

You can't do that! what about their Human rights?

Very very Politically Incorrect my man! And would Boris do it??

My mates a Man City fan - he reckons Ricky Villa and Ossie Ardiles are to blame for the riots! It was 30 yrs ago but he can't let it go.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Corrie 3 View Post
    Does anyone think we have gone soft on this type of criminal? Whatever happened to the tear gas, the water cannon or even, as I believe should be used.....the plastic bullet!!!!!

Is it something to do with Health and Safety?

C3.....eek:
    Get the army in and flatten the bloody lot of them,these idiots are not doing it as a reprisal for the guy who was shot.Even his father was on the TV saying you are not doing this in the name of my son.
    Thes are just young idiots who are using this as an oppertunity to wreck everything and create total anarchy,if they have a beef with the police then take it out on the police but to loot and burn innocent peoples homes,shops and cars means its time to send in the army and yes,use tear gas and water cannons and if that fails get the rubber bullets out.This society is to bloody soft ,to many do gooders and to many people take the moral high ground"oh you cant do that".....well these so called human beings have no regard for law or indeed their very own society so why should the authorities have any regard for them.For the sake of the innocent law abiding people on the street,for the sake of their propreties and businessess,use force and preferably quite brutal force because thats what they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Potato Head View Post
    Get the army in and flatten the bloody lot of them,these idiots are not doing it as a reprisal for the guy who was shot.Even his father was on the TV saying you are not doing this in the name of my son.
    Thes are just young idiots who are using this as an oppertunity to wreck everything and create total anarchy,if they have a beef with the police then take it out on the police but to loot and burn innocent peoples homes,shops and cars means its time to send in the army and yes,use tear gas and water cannons and if that fails get the rubber bullets out.This society is to bloody soft ,to many do gooders and to many people take the moral high ground"oh you cant do that".....well these so called human beings have no regard for law or indeed their very own society so why should the authorities have any regard for them.For the sake of the innocent law abiding people on the street,for the sake of their propreties and businessess,use force and preferably quite brutal force because thats what they deserve.
    Oh dear, me thinks you'll ruffle a few feathers on here from the politically correct !

Met Police, do your job right. Forget about the dogs and horses, get the Polar bears out.

Got it in one!! I'm sick fed up with all the do-gooders in this country who crawl to these yobs.

Copycat rioting and looting in Peckham now. Apparently theyve taken some half price cracked ice, miles and miles of carpet tiles, TVs, deep freeze, David Bowie LPs........

I completely agree with you MPH! This is getting out of control now and has absolutely nothing to do with the shooting of the guy,
    As you say it is mindless thugs just using it as an excuse to loot shops.
    It was sickening watching the televsion coverage showing them running out of shops with televisions, laptops etc and setting vehicles and buildings on fire. In one interview with a local resident it showed a beautiful old building which he said had survived the blitz but will now have to be torn down after being set on fire.
    I feel for the people living in these areas as they must be terrified.
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bekisman View Post
    Oh dear, me thinks you'll ruffle a few feathers on here from the politically correct !
    Quite frankly,i dont give a damn,thought it best i miss out the "my dear" bit.

if they have a beef with the police then take it out on the police
    ??????????

Quote Originally Posted by Bazeye View Post
    Met Police, do your job right. Forget about the dogs and horses, get the Polar bears out.
    Topical!!!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast