Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: STV or Grampian

Default STV or Grampian

Thats STV gone off again ,if its not crap programmes it's no programmes .Now there's a phone-in game show that runs all night. Come back Big "G" we miss you .......

unicorn Guest

just as well our tv licence isn't paying for it lol

Quote Originally Posted by dozy View Post
    Thats STV gone off again ,if its not crap programmes it's no programmes .Now there's a phone-in game show that runs all night. Come back Big "G" we miss you .......
    Watch your backs with the phone-in game show. If it works the way I suspect it does then you will have difficulty getting through and will have to phone several times to get a reply.
    After waiting to get through I understand you get a recorded message informing you to ring again. The calls are not cheap and each recall ratchets the cost up which is how they make their money.

The aim is to get you to keep phoning and run the profits up. I will let you use your imaginations as to how you how much they rush to answer the calls if everytime somebody calls again makes them more money.

I suspect it is what my old Granny would have called a "Catch Penny" and that it's you pennies it is intended to catch and as many of them as possible.

Besides, it saves them the expense of having to provide programmes.
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

Default Rubbish TV

Hard to find anything really good on any of the channels. That's why I am here on the web! As for the change to STV - I think we will slowly be absorbed into the whole of Scotland news coverage and lose our good local programmes. STV means central belt coverage and strong bias to the Glagow - Edinburgh axis.

I hate that quiz show that runs through the night. A lot of people say the same too. Before if you couldn't sleep there was usually something half decent on but not now. Who do we complain to? If we can? Do you think it would be worth complaining?
    Avoid biting when a simple growl will do

Those quiz shows....ye can phone in your answer or text in your answer.I texted in the right answer....the picture was definitely Charlton Heston.The presenter wi' a sarcastic smile saying "Nobody has got it"...Aye right .....rip off....now spend ma money more wisely
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

I enjoyed the breakdown in the middle of Ant and Dec tonight. Did anyone else see it? The aerial video. Was it Orkney?

Quote Originally Posted by carasmam View Post
    I hate that quiz show that runs through the night. A lot of people say the same too. Before if you couldn't sleep there was usually something half decent on but not now. Who do we complain to? If we can? Do you think it would be worth complaining?
    That nightime quizzes generated £12,000,000 in profit for ITV in the last 6 months
    From a business point of view they must be pleased with that
    From an entertainment point of view it is disgraceful.
    This quiz is a tax on drunks, insomniacs lonely or daft people.
    Its also running on its own channel ITV Play - why dont they just leave it on that

The quality of entertainment on all channels is terrible. Why does there have to be a phone-in element to so many programmes. When will we get some entertainment that is not reality show based, they really are scaping the barrel now

I feared the north would get lost when STV took over but to be fair North Tonight etc are all the same its just the overall quality of TV that i find disappointing

Bring back Grampian!!

One of last weekends papers,I think it was the Mail.....I know! Did their own experiment into the 'quiz' shows now being shown.They called just over 200 times in the space of an hour and a half (sorry but I forget the exact no. and time ) they got through to the next part where they put you on hold a total of 6 times out of all these calls ,but did not get put through to the studio once!
    The regulators have stated that no person should be able to call more than 150 times in one night but that is obviously not happening.

One woman who won £400 was shocked when she found out her phone bill was over £500.(I don't suppose that was over 1 night)

I really do not see how they can be allowed to get away with this,like you say they appear to be taking advantage of people who are lonely, insomniacs,dare I say those who have been indulging a little or even a lot! etc.
    As they are giving people the impression that they can win substantial amounts of money when in reality their chances are at best slim,I think it is time that this was stopped!
    While I am on it all those stupid little phone competitions they run in between programmes should also go!

Sorry I probably should have added that I have not been tempted to take part in these quizzes, as someone whe regularily has to warn people about scams in the post ( you know the sort of thing...Congratulations you have won a fortune but first you need to send us an admin fee etc ) I am not easily taken in by promises of big wins....but I do the lottery....time for me to learn a lesson there me thinks!