Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: David Bellamy Talks Windfarms

Not sure if you 'found' this page - the tabbed style of the main page doesn't make it obvious.
    http://www.stopcambridgewindfarm.org...yourenergy.htm
    Some facts about 'Your Energy':

* They have yet to produce a single watt of electricity.

* Their first successful planning application for a 4 turbine wind farm in the Orkneys was sold to Southern and Scottish Energy prior to construction. The cost of the wind farm was reported in the Scotsman (7/02/2004) as £8.3m

* Their second and only other planning permission for a 10 turbine wind farm near Kettering has been transferred to Mistral Invest, a company registered in the Bahamas. The directors of 'Your Energy' regard this company as their immediate parent company according to 'Your Energy's' Annual Report (31/12/2002).

* However, their ultimate controlling party, through a further company in the Bahamas appears to be Consolidated Navigation Corporation, a company incorporated in the Marshall Islands, a well known tax haven! This is a very complicated ownership structure for a U.K. energy company.

* There are only around 12 employees of 'Your Energy Ltd'.

* They admit that they carry out no research into developing renewable energy technology.

It remains to be seen whether 'Your Energy' are serious about operating wind farms in the U.K. or whether their business model is based on obtaining planning permissions for wind farms and then selling them on for a very lucrative profit. This would be a cynical exploitation of the Renewable Obligations Certificates subsidy system put in place by the government to encourage the development of renewable energy technology.

However, with these subsidies accounting for 76% of the income of the Cambridge Wind Farm Ltd., which is estimated at £148m over the 25 year life of the project, the estimated £90+m profit that will result does lead to the thought that the driving force behind this application in a totally unsuitable site might be more greed than green!! Indeed one of the Directors of 'Your Energy' at their exhibition said , when asked how much money they would make out of the scheme, said "It's the stuff dreams are made of."

Quote Originally Posted by DrSzin
    Here is a picture I took of MadPict campaigning at a recent windfarm protest meeting in California.
    Ah, damn - found out as the Global Warrior I am....

MadPict

madpict quoted from SCW
    However, with these subsidies accounting for 76% of the income of the Cambridge Wind Farm Ltd., which is estimated at £148m over the 25 year life of the project, the estimated £90+m profit that will result does lead to the thought that the driving force behind this application in a totally unsuitable site might be more greed than green!! Indeed one of the Directors of 'Your Energy' at their exhibition said , when asked how much money they would make out of the scheme, said "It's the stuff dreams are made of."
    I read that as well but my calculations seem to rubbish that claim. I am not very impressed with their estimation qualities.

It just goes to show that anti windfarm lobby groups will make up anything!

I have never read such ludicrous drivel before in all my life!

http://www.stopcambridgewindfarm.org...20WINDFARM.pdf

DrSzin wrote
    After a few more decades of global warming, the Causewaymire will look like this unless we do something about it.
    It looks as if there is extensive desertification going on, could be a picture of Madpict in the future advertising windfarms because successive Governments have left it too late?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead
    I have never read such ludicrous drivel before in all my life!
    Please expand.

Overnight I have had time to think about the facts and figures that I have been giving you.

And I have had a complete rethink, but to effectively show how much I have rethought the subject I need to start a new thread. Because this thread is no longer about David Bellamy, it is about the sordid truth about Green energy, big business, mislead lobby groups and 'spin' from my calculations.

So in my new thread I will rip into my own calculations (something everyone has should have done and missed) and start afresh.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Been internetless for a few days - wow, this has been a bit lively.

Going back several pages, yes there were some errors in my "post" re units. Fingers too fast and brain too slow...

What I'd like to know is why I can't vote on Rheghead's site. It says I've already voted. This is not possible. Comment/help, please?
    Green but not brainwashed

Using the sun to provide hot water.
    Driving a car that gets 73 miles per gallon.....

Default David Bellamy Talks Windfarms

GNG, Rheghead,
    I can't vote either, even though I'd be tempted to vote for 'large scale wind turbine' (singular) rather than 'large scale wind farms' (plural)! Anyway, says I've already voted. Again, not possible.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456