Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Bella Bain

Default Bella Bain

I am trying to find information for a Bella Bain daughter ? illegitimate of Margaret Ross.
    Margaret Ross had two other children, both illegitimate, William Bain b 1845, Bilbster and Alexander Henderson b 1846, Bilbster.
    Margaret Ross was born 1824, in Canisbay, daughter of Samuel Ross b 1792 in Dunnet and Isabella Manson b 1792 Canisbay.

Can anyone help me with info for Bella Bain or any of the others?

David

Quote Originally Posted by davelna View Post
    I am trying to find information for a Bella Bain daughter ? illegitimate of Margaret Ross.
    Margaret Ross had two other children, both illegitimate, William Bain b 1845, Bilbster and Alexander Henderson b 1846, Bilbster.
    Margaret Ross was born 1824, in Canisbay, daughter of Samuel Ross b 1792 in Dunnet and Isabella Manson b 1792 Canisbay.

Can anyone help me with info for Bella Bain or any of the others?

David
    Morning David

Margaret married William Bain at Watten on 14th June 1861. I presume he was the same William as she was staying with in the 1861 census at Drumdry. She was a servant, unmarried and he was a widower and farmer.

I think she died in 1870 in Wick aged 46 but you will need to access a death certificate for confirmation.

In the 1871 census, I found William Bain, widower aged 61, living at Janetston in Wick. Family - Alexander, aged 9, Isabella aged 7 and Elizabeth aged 5. I think this could be the family and the Bella you are looking for.

Rosemary

Hello Rosemary,

Thankyou for your reply. The information appears to fit. Bella Bain was witness at my GtGrandfather`s wedding (David Campbell) 1885 in Janetston but have not been able to establish who she was.

David

William Bain and Margaret Ross had two legitimate daughters
    Isabella in 1865 and Elizabeth in 1866. They also had a son Alexander Bain on Dec 30, 1861.

Thankyou for your reply. I an pretty sure that is the Bella I am looking for. Now all I have to do is find out what happened to her.
    Many thanks
    David