Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Sutherland/McGregor

Default Sutherland/McGregor

Was John the only name the Sutherland family named their boy children in the early 1830's. I would be most grateful if anyone can help me with John Sutherland born Latheronwheel Caithness about 1832 died 1906, married 5/2/1857 Latheron, Jane McGregor (McGrigor) born abt. 1835 (died Australia 1914). I know John's occupation was a cooper. I think they had 9 children. Jane's parents were William McGregor, a farmer and Jane Gunn.

I found this family for (sinkers 35) about a month ago maybe you could make contact and share notes since you are looking for the same family.

Hi JaySu
    I am researching John Sutherland b1832 at Leatheronwheel and in particular his daughter Elizabeth Bakie Sutherland the grandmother of my cousin.

Hello do you have details of John's family history, this would be most helpful to me.

Hi
    I only have that given to me by Cuthill in response to my John Sutherland in June 2011

Thank you. The info from Cuthill seems incomplete I thought there were more children but I may be wrong. Is there any more on John or Jane.

Thank you. I was wondering if you could let me know John's siblings and/or more details of Angus and Catherine so I may identify the exact family as there seem to be many mother/father/son combinations with the same names. Any help would be very appreciated.

Hello again
    Could the Angus Sutherland I'm looking for been b. 1804 d.1870 father Robert mother Catherine married Catherine 1828 OR father John mother Euphema.
    Also had about 14 children one of them John b. abt 1830/1832 ?? Thanks for help.