Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wick-Inverness Flights

aye bring on the flights to inverness, hopefully they will get chepaer if demand rises but seriously, i can see me wanting to spend 118 on a morning flight wick to dalcross when it would only take me 2 hours to drive from wick and cost 12 quid in diesel.

Although I can see it can only be a good thing for going off on holiday , only a 2o min drive home to groats once you get off plane instead of 4 and a half hours from aberdeen on 5 from Glasgow......or even 2 and a half from groats....

Wonder if the story will be different when road improvements are done on the a9 next year?

ZenMaster Guest

My last drive up the A9 was in pitch black, wind and torrential rain - pretty hairy at times. I suppose you get used to the windy road - well if the speed I was being overtaken is anything to go by.

What difference are the road improvements likely to make ?

Who the heck wants to be in a rush to get to Inverness anyway?
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

Scotsboy, your facts are wrong. Wick airport does not close for fog and was one of the few airports in the north of Scotland not to have closed for snow in the last two years.

Oh well Gus I really must have imagined getting bused from Wick to Aberdeen on 3 occassions and vice versa twice
    Apologies if I have used the term fog, when it was actually sea har
    Whatever - I still predict the service between Wick and Inverness will be a flop.

On a slightly different topic have they invested in an x-ray security scanner at Wick yet, or do you still get the personal service of someone rumaging through your case?
    'Cause if my eyes don't deceive me,
    There's something going wrong around here

Gus
    Sorry to pop the bubble !! but my flight was cancelled from edinburgh to wick at the beggining of this year as Wick airport was closed due to ....Yes SNOW.

Also last years county show day we could not land because of mist. We landed at kirkwall and had to get the Gills Ferry back to Caithness..

Scotsboy
    They are extending the airport building as we type,to include not only hand luggage X-ray but also hold baggage x-ray No more rifling through the underwear!!!!

Well at least that is a bit of progress Captain
    'Cause if my eyes don't deceive me,
    There's something going wrong around here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12