Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

View Poll Results: Should puppy sales be banned again?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

27 30.34%
  • No.

52 58.43%
  • Maybe.

8 8.99%
  • I don't know.

2 2.25%

Thread: Puppy sales on .org

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Puppy sales on .org

Should puppy sales be banned again on the org?
    Personally I find that it encourages too many people to try and make some quick money whilst the local rescue places are overflowing with unwanted dogs.
    I my opinion no reputable breeder needs a forum to advertise puppies as they are sold before they are even born. So far I have not seen a single advert for kc registered and health checked pups of any breed who have been bred for temperament on here and meet all the breed standards and health requirements. (Sorry if there was any.)
    It seems that as soon as puppy sellers are asked certain questions or their breeding practices are highlighted they close the thread and start a new one.
    Recently discussions in the pet corner have been hijacked to sell puppies and genuinely concerned people have been attacked by breeders and even threatened via pm.
    Please vote have your opinion registered.

Last one I heard, £450 for a Cocker x Yorkie. Absolute nonsense. You can buy a half decent young horse for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricanna View Post
    Last one I heard, £450 for a Cocker x Yorkie. Absolute nonsense. You can buy a half decent young horse for that.
    but a least if they are stupid enough to pay that sort of money for a cross breed . then perhaps they really want a dog and will look after it. and it would not be back on here when they are fed up with it

Doubt it--they will just think that's what you have to pay for a pup if you compare it with a yorko-doodle, a cocker doo doo etc. -rip off to the public and a tragedy for the pup

Doubt it--they will just think that's what you have to pay for a pup if you compare it with a yorko-doodle, a cocker doo doo etc. -rip off to the public and a tragedy for the pup
    they are just stupid in my eye a cross breed used to be called a mongrel they people are being con by fancy celebrity names for them

Quote Originally Posted by starfish View Post
    they are just stupid in my eye a cross breed used to be called a mongrel they people are being con by fancy celebrity names for them
    Indeed. they are mongrels, they are great. they are one's pals but they should cost no more than £50 and if any breeders of same want to disagree, lets hear from you

Strange analogy. We don't just buy the largest animal we can afford!

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    Recently discussions in the pet corner have been hijacked to sell puppies and genuinely concerned people have been attacked by breeders and even threatened via pm.
    If this is so Stefan, then maybe you should have set up your poll so that the way the voters vote is not publicised. And no nasty threats can be made.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more