Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Golachs

Default Golachs

I was walking along Thurso beach tonight and it was twilight so I didnt get a good look.. I was climbing the rocks at the rock well and as I put my hand onto the rock a large beastie scuttled past my fingers and under the crevices in the rock in front of my eyes. It was like a cockroach but about 3 times bigger. Is there a marine version?

Quote Originally Posted by gleeber View Post
    I was walking along Thurso beach tonight and it was twilight so I didnt get a good look.. I was climbing the rocks at the rock well and as I put my hand onto the rock a large beastie scuttled past my fingers and under the crevices in the rock in front of my eyes. It was like a cockroach but about 3 times bigger. Is there a marine version?
    A baby Partin maybe Gleeber?
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

No it was definitely a beastie.

eewe, sounds gross gleeber....

howp ye telt someone ye wis goin rock climbin in 'e twighlight!! i ken yer a mannie an' 'at but i widna ye til hev til chop off yer airm or anythin...
    Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
    Blessed Be...

An update. My mate saw this thread and it reminded him of something that happened when he was a kid and lit a big bonfire with driftwood on the same rocks. When the fire was raging lots of slater type beasties came out from the crevices in the rocks. Thats the same kiddies. Both of us have spent a lot of time on the rocks and we only ever saw them once. I found him on google.
    Ligia oceanica

Quote Originally Posted by trix View Post
    eewe, sounds gross gleeber....

howp ye telt someone ye wis goin rock climbin in 'e twighlight!! i ken yer a mannie an' 'at but i widna ye til hev til chop off yer airm or anythin...
    How comes people on here moan about spelling ect yet you write like that and no one moans

Quote Originally Posted by starfish View Post
    How comes people on here moan about spelling ect yet you write like that and no one moans
    Only on the org.
    That ones been done to death starfish.

Ligia oceanica [/QUOTE]

Yuk.
    Made me cringe.
    You don't have to be mad to know me but it helps.