Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: McLeods of Wick and Smiths of Stroma

Default McLeods of Wick and Smiths of Stroma

I am looking for links with the above My maternal grandfather was James McLeod born in Wick1886. His parents were Alexander McLeod and Isabella Robertson Smith who married 7 Oct 1881 in Huna. Isabella's father was Walter Smith from Stroma born 1829. I have further information going back to 1750s but need to clarify. I am coming uo to Wick in August for a couple of days but would love to hear from anyone researching these families.

Walter Smith is my 3xGreat Grandfather.

All I really have for him is that his parents were George Smith and Bell Robeson (Robson).

His wife, Margaret Larnach was the daughter of William Larnach and Elizabeth (Betty) Miller. Williams parents were Alexander and Isobel Cormack, Elizabeths parents were Donald and Elizabeth Mackay.

I don't have much for any of them, but if you PM me your email address I'll pass on what I've do have.
    Last edited by theone; 11-Jul-11 at 13:14.
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; Nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

- Charles de Gaulle

Thank you - I didn't have the information on William's parents. I'll send you my e-mail address .