Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: JML

Default JML

Would any1 recommend that JML CD cleaner scratch remover thingamy jig in woolies?

I have bought JML stuff b4 and it was rubbish

I got the car scratch remover and it didn't work

So i was just wondering if this cd thing worked

I bought the JML pancake maker, and every pancake has been burnt.....maybe that's just my cooking though. I now have a silly pancake pan gathering dust at the back of a cupboard.
    Can't help you with the scratch remover but JML is very cheap, and I think it's a case of you get what you pay for!

I had a few CDs that wouldn't play due to scratches and saw Brasso recommended online to polish out scratches on CDs. I thought it was a windup but saw others saying the same so tried it as the CDs were headed for the bin anyway. Surprisingly it worked. It takes a fair bit of elbow grease and you need an non abrasive cloth. Worth a go if the CDs are on the way out. I used a Brasso type polish from Whatsits I think.

Afterwards I gave the CDs a clean with a mild water/detergent solution to get rid of residue then a good wipe with a dry cloth.

Thanx Geo i will give that a try!!

I was going to buy the pancake pan, glad i never now

My daughter wants the jml sewing machine thats in woolies, so i bought it for her christmas, but i bet thats rubbish aswell, it shows someone sewing jeans but no doubt it'll break if u try and sew jeans!

Has anyone bought the sewing machine?

Is it any good?

Nice one Geo! Sometimes the simple solutions are the best!
    Often the only reason they are not well known is that nobody makes a fortune out of them!
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

thanks for your imput geo! youre a star

Quote Originally Posted by linzy222
    no doubt it'll break if u try and sew jeans!
    I've broken a few needles on a Singer sewing machine trying to sew denim before now!

I wouldn't trust JML as far as I could throw a ton of their products!