Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brandy's Opening Day !!

Hey, there's stuff in the window! Looks great.

i know! loads of people are trying to come in and i feel really bad that i have to turn them away! fingers crossed they all come back on next sat! thanks everyone for the support! hope to get everything finished inside in the next couple days! then im off to the bra fitting course on sunday! and back on tues. then its all about rushing to get everything finalized! so ready to just be open now!!
    http://itqueries.com/

Shop looks great, will definitely be coming for a look, good luck with your new business and well done you!
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

Good luck with your new venture, Brandy.

It's nice to see someone who's willing to give something a go. With you and 'Arkwright' on the same street it feels like the .Org is going into retail en masse

Hey yeah Brandy well done and all the best from us at Hilltop Horse & Country - good on you for getting here - I was one of the ones with my nose pressed up against the glass this afternoon - you had your head down busy working away :-)

wishing you all success in your venture.

Im one of the lucky ones and I have already had a look around!
    There is loads of clothes im coveting...a nice chiffon top with butterflies on and a lacy dress/tunic...but Brandy keeps steering me towards the maternity clothes section....she isnt in luck there..thats not happening again!
    There is also lots of bits and bobs like bags and scarfs and accessories too!

*laughs* well its all coming together now! we are having a friends and family night tomorrow with wine and nibbles, and then open our doors to the public on sat!
    just back yesterday from a course in Leicester for bra fitting so will be offering that as well !
    also, just came back from inverness this morning after going down to see Godske group about plus size clothing.. i will have 20 pairs of jeans in the shop on opening day .. that i will be selling as a trial.. they are
    figura magic jeans.. and they take you down a size and nip and tuck away all the bits we like to hide *laughs* however they are a bit dearer as they are designer and are the Magic jeans.. also not easy to get!
    they retail at about 89.99 but from what ive seen well worth it to have a pair in your wardrobe!
    hope to see you guys in the shop! feel free to drop in *G*
    brandy

Just got back from a few days at me mums in South Manchester, I was surprised at how good and vibrant the high streets were looking. They are very big on the sit outside cafe thing down there so there are a lot of Costa, Cafe rouge and all those chains but many many boutiques, butchers, bakers, gifty shops, accessory bars, florists, small ethnic supermarkets and food halls to name a few. This despite a plethora of out of town outlets and truly massive supermarkets.

Wouldn't it be great if we could end up with similar here. It's all just a matter of choosing where and how we shop isn't it?

Good luck Brandy, I hope you and others can show us the way.

The shop is looking great, Brandy.

Good luck for the new business.

Good luck for tomorrow Brandy, I really enjoyed my look around yesterday and the items you have are beautiful and really incredible prices. Lots of lovely things that I will be pointing out for mums to be having photo shoots and must admit a lot that I would like myself. Have a great opening day and wishing you the success you deserve.

I want to pass on my very best wishes to you too, Brandy !

As someone else commented on here, its great to see a new ironmongers and now a clothes shop (albeit for the "slightly larger" or pregnant lady) on Bridge Street, Wick.

Wishing you (and also "Birons") all the very best for a long and prosperous trading future !

P/S - May try and pop in tomorrow as well...........it's gonna be busy lass !!!!!
    I'm the kind of woman whose feet hit the floor each morning, and the Devil says........... " Oh, Blast She's Up !! "

well well it's officially opening day, hope plenty folk pop in for a nosey and a blether.
    whoever said the only vegetable that can make you cry is an onion has obviously not been hit on the heid wi a neep!

scary scary! just putting shoes on to head out the door to open the shop! i wont have a panic attack!!

Default Grand opening day!

Wishing you all the very best with your shoppie!

L x
    Purrrfect !!

not scary! stop it, you're making yourself worse. see you down there in a few minutes.
    whoever said the only vegetable that can make you cry is an onion has obviously not been hit on the heid wi a neep!

I beat you will have a fab opening day and will do well. Good luck and enjoy your day you have worked hard to get here.

Good Luck Brandy but somehow I don't think you will need it!

Looks like you have done your market research and realised that there are as many ladies over size 14 as there are under!

Well done, you deserve every success!

In fact, all these new shops deserve success for flying in the face of competition from the big companies. I fervently hope that folks will appreciate your initiative and support the effort you have all put in to awaken interest in the town centre again.

I also applaud the more established local businesses who have hung on tenaciously and who have continued to provide much needed services while many around were dropping like flies and hope now that all will profit from their confidence in customers appreciating all that they have to offer and make the town centre buzz again.

It will be good to walk around, do shopping and have a cup of coffee or lunch and it all leading to a busier look for Wick.

I'm really looking forward to a local shop that stocks larger bra cup sizes. I usually have to shop on line, or if I'm passing through Edinburgh, Aberdeen or Glasgow make an appointment at Bravissimo for a fitting. It will be much nicer to shop near to home!
    Snowmen fall from the sky unassembled!

Well, how did it go Brandy?

I'd imagine that you'd have been rushed off your feet ! Really hope that you got a great turn out and lots of sales on your first day.

I was going to come in to see your new shop, but, because I am terrified of thunder (and there was loads of that today !!), I wasn't able to leave my house !!!

Hoping that I'll manage in one day next week to see all your goodies though !
    I'm the kind of woman whose feet hit the floor each morning, and the Devil says........... " Oh, Blast She's Up !! "

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast