Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: John Sutherland

Default John Sutherland

Looking for ancestors of John Sutherland b 1832 Latheronwheel Caithness married Jane McGrigor b.1834 Clyth Caithness. They had several children one being Elizabeth Bakie Sutherland ,1871 Lossiemouth Morayshire

Johns parents were Angus Sutherland and Catherine Sutherland,Janes parents were William McGrigor and Jane Gunn.John married Jane 05/02/1857 Latheron,if you want there siblings get back to me.

Thank you so much for the above information. Do you have any dates and origins. I would love to have details of the siblings. Do you have John and Jane's children and any dates. I am tracking one Elizabeth Bakie Sutherland who gave birth to my Uncle and came to Australia. I hope I am not asking too much but anything you provide will be greatly apppreciated.

John and Jane must have moved down the east coast for the fishing as a lot of families did so there children were all born in Morayshire
    Catherine Sutherland b 03/06/1864 Cullen ,Banff
    Williamina Sutherland b 18/08/1866 Drainie,Moray
    Isabella mcbeath Sutherland b 02/10/1869 Drainie,Moray
    Angus Sutherland b 10/08/1871 Drainie,Moray
    Elizabeth bakie Sutherland b10/08/1871 Drainie,Moray ( they are twins)
    John angus Sutherland b 30/08/1873 Drainie,Moray.
    Elizabeth Baiki Sutherland married Albert Latham 1893 Elgin ,Moray.
    just get back if you need the sisters and brothers of John and Jane.
    Last edited by cuthill; 17-Jul-11 at 00:25.

Is the John Sutherland of 1832 any relation to a John A. Sutherland born 1877 at Halkirk who married Esther Mackenzie in 1900?