Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: New Land Rover launched in caithness?!

lois17 Guest

Default New Land Rover launched in caithness?!

Maybe I missed this in the Groat, having been away a couple of weeks recently, but LR are showing off their new edition vehicle in caithness to journos all over the world. For the past month, and for another 6 weeks yet, they are flying these people from around the globe, via London, flying to Wick Airport, staying at Ackergill Tower, and testing out the new LR's off-road in Scotscalder / Dorrery! Loads biz for the county, great stuff. There are no less than a dozen vehicles (I think they're Discovery's) in Caithness to keep these visitors happy. I asked a LR official today why they chose Caithness, and he said "because it's beautiful!" . Anyone else heard of this?

You can hardly miss them swarming the roads around here.

gunner01 Guest

many car companies choose to have international press releases of their cars in caithness including land rover, jaguar, alfa romeo, and bentley who last year chose to release their £125,000 Continental GT Coupe!!

tides of pentland firth Guest

You're a wee bitty late.

They're gone now.

Default Bentlys

Yeah, Bently had their launch up here too, I sneaked a look when they were being stored up at the Airport (Far North Aviation Hanger) and they were amazing. And the Landy's have been around everywhere, although I noticed that when Bill put the photos on Caithness.org he mistakenly called them the new Range Rovers! They are Discovery 3's!!

Riff