Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats your fave guitar?

Default Whats your fave guitar?

Iv'e been a stratman for as long as i can remember & owned various models & pick up combinations, Until recently i had a gorgeous Les Paul classic in vintage sunburst awesome power & tone, I will never part with my US Texas Special strat though, hooked up to the fender blues junior it is pure stevie ray vaughan, aye the sound not the playing, Just bought an Ibanez RG470 to soften the blow of parting with the les paul & im currently fitting a Satriani PAF Pro pick up should be interesting to see the difference, Acoustic wise i have a well partyed Taylor semi acoustic with all the battle scars but it sounds & plays amazing

Cort X 11 is my personal fav

Quote Originally Posted by K dragon View Post
    Cort X 11 is my personal fav
    very smart i haven't seen one until now, quite like an ibanez same wood & similar set up, nice finishes as well

My 1960 Gibson 345 will always be my special lady but I must admit my Parker Fly Supreme takes some beating.
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

I love Telecasters

Gibson 345 now your in a different league pure class & one to be treasured Iv'e always been intrigued by the parker fly it was such a step forward maybe someday i'll have the pleasure, Having used various effects boards & pedals i still have to admit plugging the strat straight into that little valve amp always gets the best grin & foot stomping it never fails, Even die hard metal monsters cant control there right foot to a few blues riffs

i have a fender strat, but my peaches and cream is my 1969 mahogany gibson sg

I've always been fond of les pauls and more recently SGs, but the nicest guitar i've ever held is a LTD Kirk Hammett custom model owned by a metalhead friend of mine. sheer beauty doesnt describe the feel and sound that comes from that guitar

To be honest i found the les paul a pig at 1st but after 6months of perseverance i loved the power & tone, i think an sg would probably be the one for me it was just the short neck that bugged me initially with the les paul as i can only play with my thumb over the top due 2 bike crash, I know you just pick up a guitar & say thats my babe, my strat is a see thru white ash body with tortoishell pickguard, The gibson slim taper necks as on glebers 345 really are the biz tho

Thats it moncur you will come across a guitar that blows you away I was swaying between a prs or the les paul but went for the time proven les paul, Steve morse musicman still niggles away at me though, anyhows im running out of guitars to blame for my crap playing :-)

We have round about 33 guitars and bass's but since the Variax 700 came into the studio, we've hardly used anything else. Amazing breakthrough from Line Six.

That wasn't your LP I played in Orkney was it. or maybe that was a Yamaha??

Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2 View Post
    My 1960 Gibson 345 will always be my special lady but I must admit my Parker Fly Supreme takes some beating.
    I love my custom Jackson, but that fly of yours is a heck of a guitar. Probably the nicest neck I've ever played...

Ha ya fishheed it was a yamaha & nah it wasn't mine no sure who the gadgy was, If he doesn't already know i'll tell coop about the lighthouse experience

Quote Originally Posted by Kev_Plastic_Food View Post
    I love my custom Jackson, but that fly of yours is a heck of a guitar. Probably the nicest neck I've ever played...
    Good grief, are you developing taste???Never mind you will achieve your goal and get so fast you will vanish up your own rectum!!!!!

well i love my ibanez universe it has quikest neck ive played before nd rather versatile dimazzrio blaze pick ups

I would have to say the best guitar ive played woud be the mexican fender i gave to Gleber2 to fix up and what he did to it, well, everyone who has touched it since has been amazed by it, yup, it rocks, shocking that to some maybe, but those who have played it since its "refurbishment" know what im talking about

oh, love parker flys, les paul's

but hey, im a bass player, mwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    "The Light seems small and far,
    A Darkness envelops my soul,
    Hiding behind my empty smiles,
    Within my mind, Deeper I fall."

I love my Steinberger headless, but the Musicman Stingray has the sweetest little neck...mmm mmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Reev View Post
    shocking that to some maybe, but those who have played it since its "refurbishment" know what im talking about
    Why is it shocking? Cos it played so badly before?

Quite simply has to be any one of these;
    http://www.musicgadgets.net/2006/05/...est-guitars/1/

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebus_Apollo View Post
    I love my Steinberger headless, but the Musicman Stingray has the sweetest little neck...mmm mmm...
    you have a steinberger.......snap, & a bass

but my fave guitar has to be the already mentioned 345

but live I play the variaxe & the models I play most are a strat for rhythm thangs & (settle Jeid) a tele for lead things & a les paul for going nuts with

and as far as playabilty goes the fly is as good as it gets.

So!!!!! check this, take a fly neck, attch it to a thinline tele body, add a P90 pickup at the neck & a PAF coil tapped at the bridge, & then add the guts of a variaxe with dual outputs..................see where it's going.....................& then the icing on the cake is a GK3A synth pickup, the miditeleflyocasteraxe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast