Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: goldcrest

Default goldcrest

watched a couple of goldcrests today as they nipped about a lodgepole pine. Very cute little fellows or maybe fellowesses and not at all shy of me just ten foot away

Goes green with envy I had to make do with Greylags and their goslings!

That's a good record, as Goldcrests have been quite scare after the hard winter

Had one outside my office window earlier, bonnie wee birdy dotting about in a pine tree

My Dad "caught" one once.....

Well, the poor wee thing was fluttering around an open tiny foyer where I worked and couldn't find it's way out..

Dad managed to catch the wee bird in his hands with the thought of releasing it to the outside....whilst in the midst of doing so (with the tiny creature in his cupped hands) a man came up to him and commented that it was in fact a "Gold-Crest" that my Dad was holding.

The wee "crest" on the top of it's head was absolutley flaming yellow, guess that was due to the stress - poor wee mite !!

Anyways, it was let loose by my Dad and flew away quite happily - but I'll never forget the privilege of being so close to such a special wee bird
    I'm the kind of woman whose feet hit the floor each morning, and the Devil says........... " Oh, Blast She's Up !! "