Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Binoculars

Default Binoculars

Anyone recommend a good pair for birdwatching/general checking stock from a distance on the Hill. Not at an astronomical (don't need them for that) price but good ones. Thanks in advance.

If you could give an idea of your budget then i would be happy to weigh in with me two pence worth Ricanna.
    dafsorkneybirding.blogspot.com

My OH and myself have some Bresser binoculars that we picked up in Lidl for about £11.00 - £12.00. They are very clear and have been one our best buys ever. I know they had them in a wee while ago but it might be worth checking out their website.

They came with a nice case, instructions and lens caps etc.

Default Binoculars

I went along to an Optics open day at the RSPB at Loch Garten and tried various binoculars before buying a Viking pair, which I am absolutely delighted with.

I notice that there are some Optic open days in June at Loch Garten.

http://www.rspb.org.uk/events/detail...d=tcm:9-273388
    Thanks
    Catherine

Quote Originally Posted by Ricanna View Post
    Anyone recommend a good pair for birdwatching/general checking stock from a distance on the Hill. Not at an astronomical (don't need them for that) price but good ones. Thanks in advance.
    Hi there: I've sent you a PM.