Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: babies everywhere!

Default babies everywhere!

This week I've had baby blackbirds, chaffinch, greenfinch, collared dove and starlings in the garden, and great tits feeding babies in the nestbox. But the sparrow hawk was knocking about today! There was also a pair of willow warblers, are these common up here?

Hi EB, Willow warbler is widespread and abundant in Caithness. Our most common warbler.
    Latest Lifer: #4164 - Madagascar Rail (Rallus madagascariensis) - Mantadia, Madagascar (09/10/10)

Would be good if you took part in this

http://www.rspb.org.uk/naturecount/how.aspx
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Juvenile starlings,house sparrows,pied wagtails,greenfinches,goldfinches,collared doves,chaffinches and siskins been turning up all week here it's a delight to see.

The most babies we have coming to our garden are the sparrows but there are also collared doves,starlings and greenfinch along with adult goldfinch and blackbirds.

As you say Lizz it is an absolute delight. It makes the garden come alive to see all these lovely birds on the feeders, in the hedges and pottering about the lawn. Just love watching them and listening to them.

It is so rewarding to see all the young knowing that we've helped them by putting food out Even if it is costing a fortune just now!

Lol Liz, I make mine a cake every day with the leftovers and some well soaked bread, but it's worth every penny feeding 'em.

I have some of the species mentioned also two baby LEOwls they just sit up in the branches looking down watching me watching them and the dog sometimes the cat as well they have the most beautiful amber eyes

Here are some willow warbler fledglings seen in Reay yesterday.

Latest Lifer: #4164 - Madagascar Rail (Rallus madagascariensis) - Mantadia, Madagascar (09/10/10)

Fantastic photos nemosia!

We have baby goldfinch for the first time!

There are so many birds of all kinds coming to my garden at the moment and I am so enjoying watching them. We have a big cotoneaster hedge and it's great fun watching them pop in and out of this. Also, good to see them enjoy a spot of sunbathing.

We have a second brood of Robins in the garden at the moment.

GRRRRRR nemosia they are not coming to my garden! The Willow Warblers that is, hear and catch a glimpse of them when I walk up the back but that's all.

One of my cats left me a bat on the doorstep yesterday morning.