Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: open mic/jamming session in the Newmarket bar

Thumbs up open mic/jamming session in the Newmarket bar

Are all you local musicians/singers aware that there is an open mic/jamming session in the Newmarket bar every Monday night.
    Asinus asinum fricat

Aye, the road to Carnegie Hall is a long one indeed. Sounds like a good opportunity for the local aspiring musicians to express themselves. Hope all goes doon a storm.

They used to do that in skinandis a few years ago. Didn't really enjoy it too much. 3 drummers, 2 singers, 2 bassists and 8 guitarists all argueing over nothing really. was good when only a couple of us showed up as we could jam more songs.

Jam sessions probably are good though for anyone looking for like-minded musicians to work with.

Can be pretty good for warming up for gigs as well. Test songs out on an audience

A few friends and myself have been participating at this open jam for the last few weeks, and it has been great fun in an non-competitive environment.
    Asinus asinum fricat

By the way for anyone interested, the jamming kicks off any time after 7 pm.
    Asinus asinum fricat

Quote Originally Posted by DOC ROCK View Post
    By the way for anyone interested, the jamming kicks off any time after 7 pm.
    Forgot to say, that there will be a drum kit and P.A. system already setup ready to use. Anybody coming to play some guitar etc, would be better to bring their own instrument along.
    Asinus asinum fricat

Quote Originally Posted by moncur View Post
    They used to do that in skinandis a few years ago. Didn't really enjoy it too much. 3 drummers, 2 singers, 2 bassists and 8 guitarists all argueing over nothing really. was good when only a couple of us showed up as we could jam more songs.

Jam sessions probably are good though for anyone looking for like-minded musicians to work with.
    you only say that because until i gave up going (after someone broke my bass amp and the constant quarrels about nothing) you had nothing to do, then you took on the bass playing

once again LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

"The Light seems small and far,
    A Darkness envelops my soul,
    Hiding behind my empty smiles,
    Within my mind, Deeper I fall."