Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: I've just seen.....

Default I've just seen.....

My first ever Cuckoo! My OH was with me and try as I might, I couldn't direct her on to where the bird sat calling. I was really sick about her not seeing her first one.

BUT: I believe God must be a birdwatcher, because as we were driving home a couple of miles from where I saw the bird, my OH asked "what's that sat on the wire"?

And when I got my Binoculars on it, I could not believe that it was another Cuckoo, and this one she did see clearly.

Unreal: 50 odd years and never saw a Cuckoo and then just like buses two in 10 minutes.

Aint nature just great?

Good for you! They make a beautiful sound but their looks don't quite match.... very plain looking birds.

Quote Originally Posted by Torvaig View Post
    Good for you! They make a beautiful sound but their looks don't quite match.... very plain looking birds.
    I see one every hour, its a bit wooden but cuckoo's in Swiss
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

wow.thats nice...

outdoor tile

How very strange to read this because today I saw a cuckoo for the first time. She flew over me as I was in the garden early this morning I hadn't realised how big they were. Was really excited!
    Two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe.

Einstein

Where did you see them?
    I dont think I have seen them up here...heard them, but, not seen them.