Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Smoothies/Juicing

Default Smoothies/Juicing

OK so I'm trying to work out a way of juicing without buying a machine for a diet I'm going to do. Anyone had any success with juicing machines?
    Also a lot of the recipes say to add protein powder??? not sure what that is or where to buy?
    Or if anyone has any good smoothie recipes I will be very grateful...

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    OK so I'm trying to work out a way of juicing without buying a machine for a diet I'm going to do. Anyone had any success with juicing machines?
    Also a lot of the recipes say to add protein powder??? not sure what that is or where to buy?
    Or if anyone has any good smoothie recipes I will be very grateful...
    Its like most kitchen gadgets you buy them use them for a couple of weeks and then it gets parked up in a cupboard for evermore.
    If you juice fruits this sounds silly but if u juice an apple it taste like an apple as in the same taste you would get if u eat an apple it doesnt taste anything like what you would buy out of a carton.
    If ure going to buy a juicer buy a really cheap one first because u might get fed up with it after a couple of weeks?

I find my blender good for lots of drinks- my favourite smoothie is half a banana, half a nectarine,a spoonful of frozen OJ,a handful of strawberries or rasps, half a cup yogurt and 5 or 6 ice cubes, a squirt of lemon juice and a dollop of honey. Don't know how it works out calorie wise but often have it instead of supper.