Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Grasshopper Warbler

Default Grasshopper Warbler

Now I know the sound is coming from one of these fab birds. I have just spent the last 10 minutes just standing watching the little fellow ( it has to be a fellow we women no matter what variety are far too busy to do nothing but sing!) singing his heart out on the branch of a young rowan tree
    Two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe.

Einstein

Nearly 3 years ago we started to hear an unusual sound every evening at the bottom of the garden. Despite going out to have a look we never saw the bird but did hear it clearly. I put a short clip up on Youtube of my attempt to film it but only got the sound -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCyeeNh0XUU

I had it confirmed by local birdwatchers who came out to see it as I originally though it was another bird. They never saw it either but confirmed the sound was from a grasshopper warbler.