Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Motorhome hire - New business in Caithness

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Motorhome hire - New business in Caithness

Work still underway on website- but we are now able to take enquiries and bookings for the hire of our six berth motorhome. Further information on www.sunrisemotorhomehire.co.uk Thanks !

Is it right on the website that you want people to provide the money up front for the excess on their insurance policy?

That is pretty standard on a hire

just seems an obscene amount of money up front for hire of a motor home so was just interested to know.

Thanks for comments.
    To put the insurance policy into perspective : This is a brand new £38k + Motorhome. Bearing in mind that if there is no damage the deposit is refunded. It is common practise and we were advised by a number of Motorhome hire companies that it is incredibly rare for the deposit not to be refunded - But apparently it does focus the mind wonderfully when the Motorhome is hired out ! Some hire companies require £1500 !
    Seriously; we do appreciate it is a lot of money - but sadly it is necessary.
    We are looking to see if there is any way we can achieve this security without actually taking the money; but no solution to date ( Open to suggestions !)

What a fantastic motorhome. Your rates are quite competitive, I hired a motorhome for a week last year and toured the borders. It was also a 6 berth but I remember paying ~£1000 pw with insurance all in. I had to leave a signed cheque with the owner in case of damage and got it back a week after I returned the vehicle.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.