Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Motorhome hire - New business in Caithness

Default Motorhome hire - New business in Caithness

Work still underway on website- but we are now able to take enquiries and bookings for the hire of our six berth motorhome. Further information on www.sunrisemotorhomehire.co.uk Thanks !

Is it right on the website that you want people to provide the money up front for the excess on their insurance policy?

That is pretty standard on a hire

just seems an obscene amount of money up front for hire of a motor home so was just interested to know.

Thanks for comments.
    To put the insurance policy into perspective : This is a brand new £38k + Motorhome. Bearing in mind that if there is no damage the deposit is refunded. It is common practise and we were advised by a number of Motorhome hire companies that it is incredibly rare for the deposit not to be refunded - But apparently it does focus the mind wonderfully when the Motorhome is hired out ! Some hire companies require £1500 !
    Seriously; we do appreciate it is a lot of money - but sadly it is necessary.
    We are looking to see if there is any way we can achieve this security without actually taking the money; but no solution to date ( Open to suggestions !)

What a fantastic motorhome. Your rates are quite competitive, I hired a motorhome for a week last year and toured the borders. It was also a 6 berth but I remember paying ~£1000 pw with insurance all in. I had to leave a signed cheque with the owner in case of damage and got it back a week after I returned the vehicle.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

More information now available on Website including how to get a 5 % discount and extras provided !
    Please note security deposit can be paid via credit card and refunded on the return of Motorhome subject to compliance with hire terms and conditions (As per normal business practice)
    www.sunrisemotorhomehire.co.uk

Great idea, I hope it works well for you.

If we can find the time it's something that we would like to use.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Default Introductory offer

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    Great idea, I hope it works well for you.

If we can find the time it's something that we would like to use.
    Thank you. We have just launched a special Introductory Offer which may be of interest - this offers the opportunity to hire the motorhome for twelve, twenty four, thirty six or forty eight hours. Please see our website for further details !

Tilly Teckel Guest

Best of luck with your new business venture. We'll be across to see you if we decide to go off on our jollies!

Thanks - Pop over for a cuppa when you have time - will give you a tour !