Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Plants for sale at Mey Market

Default Plants for sale at Mey Market

Bought some very healthy heucheras and lupins from plant guy at Mey Market. Has a good selection and all look in good condition

Remind us again of when and where Mey Market is held, thank you.

Every Tuesday 10.30-3. Plant man there every week in May, alternate weeks after that I think
    Last edited by gillygirl; 20-May-11 at 14:36. Reason: dates wrong

Many thanks....

TUESDAY! How handy is that.. really cuts out all us working people.. Any idea if this guy sells from home or somewhere else?

Ta

Sorry you can't get there, but he has a nursery at Lybster and has an entry on the org for details.

I think you are looking for James & Jo Walker of Westlea Plants, Lybster.

01593 721499
    07757 279662
    westleaplanta@fsmail.co.uk

we have bought plants from that nursery in Lybster and found them very helpful.

hi,plants are available every day at puffin croft farm shop,john o groats.

Default Plantman at Westlea Plants, Lybster

Hi,
    We are a small garden nursery and have been going now for about 5 years. We are open every day and have a very wide range of perennials and summer bedding. I will be at Mey market on Tuesday with a big selection of what we have to offer.

You should see the garden at Westlea, looks lovely! Always tempted by their plants for sale as they're very healthy and really good prices. Not quite ready to re-do the garden yet though and no point adding to it at the moment cos it's a building site, but when I do....................
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

hi plantman,

could you give us an idea of your prices?

ie:

lupins
    shrubs
    bedding
    etc?

also do you have red hot pokers?

thanks
    Everyone is a genius,
    but if you judge a fish
    on its ability to climb a tree,
    it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.....

Hi Annemarie,
    Lupins are £2.00 each in 1ltr pots. We have Russell and Gallery which are tall ones and Lulu's which grow to about 18". Shrubs vary but average price is £5.00 although less for younger plants. Summer bedding is nearly over now but we have some trailers and bits and peices left ranging from 50p to £1.00. I shall be at Mey Market on Tuesday so please let me know if there is anything specific you are looking for. weather permitting I shall be able to bring the trailer and have a wide selection to choose from. Sorry but we have sold out of Red Hot Pokers.

We are always open in Lybster and will be at the Latheron Show on Saturday 9th July and at Dunbeath Castle on Sunday 10th July.

Fabulous plants fully recommend a visit Annemarie