Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Rush - Moving Pictures 30th Anniversary

Default Rush - Moving Pictures 30th Anniversary

I'm off to see them at the SECC on Saturday.

They will be playing Moving Pictures in its entirety. Should be a blast. Great band, classic album.

80s prog band Pallas (from Aberdeen) are at the Cathouse the night before. I'm going to see them as well. Make a weekend of it. It is their 25th anniversary and I went to see them loads of times when I lived in Aberdeen way back then. Nostalgia rules!

Didn't they sing. What About Me. I love that song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzQKECQgjW8
    You don't have to be mad to know me but it helps.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by shazzap View Post
    Didn't they sing. What About Me. I love that song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzQKECQgjW8
    Well,if a hear that at the SECC on Saturday night i'll be miffed.I'm hoping for something more like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuL_e...eature=related

Roll on Saturday night!!
    Last edited by Mystical Potato Head; 12-May-11 at 22:55.

Well I ended up having a great weekend away in Glasgow.

Pallas was good and outside afterwards I was handed a flyer from the guitarist of Moving Pictures, the Rush tribute band. They are playing Strathpeffer Pavilion on 1 July. I have to endure JLS in Dingwall on 2nd July so I will be in the area. Think I will nip along. They only play up to the early 80s era (which would be up to Signals or perhaps Grace Under Pressure). In other words, the good stuff.

Now on to the main event. Rush were awesome, as always. Where to start? All of Moving Pictures, Overture, Temples of Syrinx, Closer to the Heart, La Villa Strangiato, Spirit of Radio, Subdivisions, the list goes on.

On stage in total for about two and a half hours. VFM.

My only criticism was the last song. The pseudo reggae version of Working Man didn't do it for me.

They also had the usual selection of wacky videos on the big screen between songs. No South Park this time (the South Park intro to Tom Sawyer on the last tour remains a highlight - I would post a link but have no idea how to do that).

Now to look ahead to Foreigner/Journey/Styx next month. Can't wait.

Domo Arigato, Mr Roboto.

[QUOTE=David B;849307]I'm off to see them at the SECC on Saturday.

They will be playing Moving Pictures in its entirety. Should be a blast. Great band, classic album.

Sounds great David. I hope it went well. I was there the first time round in 1981 on the Moving pictures tour at Ingliston near Edinburgh. It was A1.