Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Slug traps and birdies?

Default Slug traps and birdies?

I have gone back to the old tried and tested method of stopping the slugs and snails eating the flowers in my front garden as I have just planted lots of slug food it seems
    I have 5 takeaway trays (you know the type of plastic containers you get) filled with grolch lager (it was cheap) but the resident female thrush has been helping herself to the juiciest ones trapped (I did wonder how the traps were getting emptied) .... is pickled slugs and snails ok for them?
    Or how should they be disposed?

Their might be a danger of intoxication but compered to slug pellets that kill so many familys of Thrushes and the like its far more preferable. You might clear them out regularly if your concerned but good for you for avoiding the evil slug pellet route!!
    dafsorkneybirding.blogspot.com

Makes note to avoid Dadie's neck of the woods, don't want to be attacked by a dypso thrush he he.