Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: John Thurso's Lib Dem propaganda

Default John Thurso's Lib Dem propaganda

I’ve just received the latest propaganda sheet from the Scottish Lib Dems and John Thurso emblazoned with the legend “The SNP are bad for your Health” If anything is bad for our health John Thurso it will be the fracking you are so keen to support. He and his Westminster chums are keen to support drilling under people’s homes and use a toxic chemical sludge to hydraulically fracture the rock in an attempt to extract shale gas. There are numerous instances of contamination where this has been done in the USA. Some European countries have banned it. Yet our Westminster elite seem to believe it will be fine. It has not gone unnoticed that the main target of this activity is going to be directly under the most populous area of Scotland – the Central Belt.
    Aside from the health issue the leaflet assures us that John Thurso has a proven track record of helping to create jobs and bring investment to our area. I was more than a little surprised then to see that he and his Scottish Lib Dem colleagues had this leaflet printed in Walton Road, Portsmouth which is about as far away from Caithness as you can get.
    I suggest that before the honourable gent and his happy gang criticize anyone they should be careful not to appear hypocrites and be mindful of the old adage, ‘people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones’.
    Last edited by Gronnuck; 23-Feb-15 at 19:16.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

Been passed a link which seem unable to post on here about cracking.
    The site is Yes Sutherland.
    Must try to research whether the cracking story is correct.

Thrumster - next to the best pub in the world "The Old Smiddy Inn"

Don't let the facts get in the way of the scaremongering!
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; Nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

- Charles de Gaulle

I initiated a thread and asked the question regarding fracking on the Caithness and Sutherland coast on the 18 Feb. With a few pointers from other Orgers and a wee bit research I found that Licence 158 was not worth worrying about.

On the other hand I suggest fracking on an industrial scale under the Central Belt, where the majority of Scotland’s people live should concern us all. John Thurso is one among many who supports fracking despite the yet unknown consequences of ground water contamination, other pollutants and the effect on people's health.

The purpose of this thread was to highlight the hypocrisy of John Thurso and the Scottish Liberals. Health is the major concern he mentions. If the man has ambitions for the next election he should make the effort to tell us what he will do for his constituents instead of just slating his opponents. I would offer the same criticism for any would-be MP whatever their party; spend less time and effort criticising the opposition, and more time and effort promoting yourself and what you can do for the electorate!
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou