Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Reading Group - Book 2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Reading Group - Book 2

Suggestions for our second book folks?! Sorry this took a while, but the best things are worth waiting for! Fun times ahead for sure!

The booklist we chose from last time:

http://bestsellers.about.com/od/book...ading_list.htm

We chose one from the first 3, so perhaps we want to choose from the next 3? I'm open to any alternative suggestions:

4. 'Three Cups of Tea' by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin

5. 'Memoirs of a Geisha' by Arthur Golden

6. 'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time' by Mark Haddon

i've always wanted to read Memoirs of a Geisha. I will however read anything!

http://www.waterstones.com/waterston...sleep/7981721/

This one also sounds good, I shouldn't start looking at books . . I just want to buy them all I already have a library starting in the house

I have read "Memoirs of a Geisha" and would be happy to re-read this. Have more recently read the "The Incident of the Dog in the Night-time" which was also an excellent read.

"3 Cups of Tea" is on my to do list, and that one "Sleep" sounds pretty good too.

Oh decisions decisions! HA HA! I love books, and like yourself, I tend to buy more than I have time to read!

Tilly Teckel Guest

I love 'The Dog in the Night-time', started 'Memoirs of a Geisha' but couldn't get into it, and 'Before I go to Sleep' is the next book I planned to buy. My choice would be 'Before I go to Sleep' but I'd read any of them.

o.k, I really can't decide! they all sound very good to me :-\ Why don't we read one this time and the other next?