Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hey wassup

Default hey wassup

im allowed to talk now

whATS HAPPENING?

I seen some dance music argument but decided id done that, doing the loving ma plastic up.

boyyy

um I hope its still ok to post randoms on the music board.

If not then maybe you could tell me before banning me.

erm, im sorry if i actually marked the carpet but hey, i am clumsy.

peace oot

Rob

Default oooh

incase you dont know me, i love music so much i usually end up doing it for nothing, so thats why i posted in the music section.

ok im a drummer, sorry about the mixup

sayyyyyy, drummer jokes>?

i need knew ones

ok my best is this:

whats the difference between a drummer and a drum machine?

you only have to punch it into a drum machine once.

Rob, you know that I love a challenge.

But since our last adventure together the norms have been tightened up a bit around the issue of chatting in the posts. So, we of your friendship circle are a little hesitant to join you in this fascinating conversation. We could go to the chat room.

Default as always

ur write

ok ill be quiet, sorry.

Boo!

Welcome back Rob...

Default cheers Jeid

was good to see u at the biggig man, love time

do you guys have a manager or require promotion? (when sober)

Default ohohohoh

this is so relevant

please email me for shamless promotion of your band

we do deals like they dont do no more, cos we just started and its a good idea.

random?

............Here we go

"The Light seems small and far,
    A Darkness envelops my soul,
    Hiding behind my empty smiles,
    Within my mind, Deeper I fall."

I'm preeeety sure we're okay for shameless promotion of our band... we do very well ourselves!

Default what?

Quote Originally Posted by Reev View Post
    ............Here we go

WHAT? lol

oh Ben put your plastic food link back on because Ive stopped swearing on it

yknow rob, i think im gonna pass on that one for the mean time

"The Light seems small and far,
    A Darkness envelops my soul,
    Hiding behind my empty smiles,
    Within my mind, Deeper I fall."

Default no im serious

the only thing offensive will be the pictures of the band, and you can't be banned for being ugly yet.

Safe is the key word.

maybe I could get some ideas for the site other than the not swearing thing like because the org is an ace place to post yer space and I dont want any more negative rep. points from 'moderators' unnamed.

I have some questions for moderators

so obviously no swearing, but

1. if my swear word on my page was **** does that mean its ok to link too from caithness.org?

2. if a swear word is changed for another, like pingu on my website, is that ok to be a link on the org?

any help would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by roblovesplastic View Post
    the only thing offensive will be the pictures of the band, and you can't be banned for being ugly yet.
    Safe is the key word.
    maybe I could get some ideas for the site other than the not swearing thing like because the org is an ace place to post yer space and I dont want any more negative rep. points from 'moderators' unnamed.
    I have some questions for moderators
    so obviously no swearing, but
    1. if my swear word on my page was **** does that mean its ok to link too from caithness.org?
    2. if a swear word is changed for another, like pingu on my website, is that ok to be a link on the org?
    any help would be appreciated
    Here are the rules make up your own mind, they seem simple enough to me.
    But why would you want your page to be linked to CCWS?

General Posting Rules

Business Advertising
    Caithness.org sells various types of advertising, we allow free classified adverts but no comercial advertising is allowed. If you are interested in advertising your business the rates can be found here

Swearing & Sexual Content
    We do not tolerate swearing or sexual content (or innuendo) of any kind. This includes using ***'s or any other form of word ma5k1ng. You must understand that these forums are read by people of all ages and we must moderate accordingly.

The Infraction points will vary from 1 point for Innuendo to >10 points for intentional strong swearing, duration of the points will vary but will generally be 3 months.

Links to Other Websites
    We have no problem with users posting links to other web sites, however, everyone should be aware that posts containing links to other web sites will be treated in the same manner as a normal post. If the content of the site breaches our terms and conditions the poster will be subject to the same moderation as if the content was posted on our site. i.e. site contains swearing or sexual content, poster receives suitable amount of Infraction points.

Users should also be aware that although the page they link to may seem innocent enough on first glance, it may be linked to adult content. Websites should at least be checked for an "acceptable use policy" outlining a policy on adult content or that any adult content on the website is more than 2 links away from the url posted.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Id probably want to link to and have links from this site because the band all live and play in Caithness. My 2 questions seemed simple enough to me but you have not answered either, you sent me rules which are on this website.

I have seen them and they dont cover my question:

I am just looking for clarity here.

Quote Originally Posted by roblovesplastic View Post
    Id probably want to link to and have links from this site because the band all live and play in Caithness. My 2 questions seemed simple enough to me but you have not answered either, you sent me rules which are on this website.
    I have seen them and they dont cover my question:
    I am just looking for clarity here.
    Im sorry read Rule 3 : Links to other web sites. It seems clear enough to me?
    But I can be wrong, if in doubt contact Colin or Niall for a final ruling, their interpretation may be more sympathetic than mine

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    But I can be wrong, if in doubt contact Colin or Niall for a final ruling, their interpretation may be more sympathetic than mine
    Hmm, this is a little puzzling, surely as a mod, you can take a position on interpreting the rules. When a clearly specific question on those rules is asked, it seems a little churlish to merely say 'Here are the rules, you interpret them', rather than making an interpretation yourself. Surely the question was precise enough to allow this?

In _my_ interpretation, anything on a linked site, is treated as if it were posted here, so '****' _obviously_ in place of a swear word would not be allowed. If used just randomly, and not as a placeholder for swearing it would be ok. However, using 'Pingu' (to quote Rob) is another matter, and surely thats where the interpretation of a mod is necessary.

Would it be okay though if some-one was to pm Rob for his website address? Surely then if they had prior warning there might be swear words it is up to them whether they want to have a look or not.
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Quote Originally Posted by connieb19 View Post
    Would it be okay though if some-one was to pm Rob for his website address? Surely then if they had prior warning there might be swear words it is up to them whether they want to have a look or not.
    Surely as that would not be a direct link from this 'site', ie publically viewable, I cant see what harm that could possibly be.

Except possibly to your brain for looking at that site anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Kev_Plastic_Food View Post
    Hmm, this is a little puzzling, surely as a mod, you can take a position on interpreting the rules. When a clearly specific question on those rules is asked, it seems a little churlish to merely say 'Here are the rules, you interpret them', rather than making an interpretation yourself. Surely the question was precise enough to allow this?
    I was in no way churlish, I answered the question to the best of my ability and my personal interpretation of the rules, and also gave the person asking the question the opportunity, of asking a higher authority, so I feel it is yourself that is being churlish, and I also think that the question was a trifle ambigious to say the least.

I was in no way churlish, I answered the question to the best of my ability and my personal interpretation of the rules, and also gave the person asking the question the opportunity, of asking a higher authority, so I feel it is yourself that is being churlish, and I also think that the question was a trifle ambigious to say the least.
    But as quoted, you didnt give a personal interpretation of the rules, you merely said read them, and that they seem clear enough to you. This is remarkably similar to saying, 'I dont really understand the rules, but you should'.

I'm also not sure of where you see the ambiguity, the questions seemed simple enough to me, and can be precised as 'If I post a link to an external site, can it contain either of these 2 things'.

I shant comment on the attempt to turn the word 'churlish' back on me. Perhaps it was a little harsh for your earlier post, 'obtuse' may have been more accurate, but you certainly achieved it with the later one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast