Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Morags

Went to Morags on a saturday with my mum and aunt and were treated very well. Had a lovely young waitress, kirsty, i think, who was in high demand. We had lovely tea and home made baking, and nothing was too much trouble. Thankyou to the attentive waitress and good luck with the business.

Default Morags

Have not been in for a while, but had tea there last night. Open longer hours now, and the cafe has been extended, but still a few nicknaks for sale and the handbags are still there thank goodness.

Hubby made the joke, "Steak egg and chips please" and that is what he got. He was absolutely delighted.

There is a new chiller to select the fancies from and the blueberry cheesecake was absolutely superb!

Hope trade continues to prosper.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

Thumbs down Unhappy

Well this is only the 2nd time that i have posted on the org so please bear with me.

My mum and i visited Morags on Saturday, went through to Wick for some shopping and decided to have a bite to eat.

First of all i assumed that we had to place our order at the till as after 10 mins none of the staff came near us, i asked a gentleman at the next table and he must have known the staff as he went through the back then a young lassie came to take the order - i must say that although she was young perhaps only 14 or 15 she should have some manners - quite rude. She took our order which was tea, juice, sandwich and a curry then disappeared 10 mins later she came back with the juice that was hot and flat (out of a tin so not sure where they store the tin) and a cup of tea filled to the brim with milk, another 10 mins go by before the young waitress comes over to say that we cannot have the curry as it is not served till later on no apologies or anything and it took her 20 mins to tell us this we asked what we could have and were told a sandwich or cake - we then decided just to leave...

I am not moaning for no reason as some posts have said and good luck to the lady named Morag for trying to make a go of the cafe but my advice would be to get more curtious waiting staff and perhaps make it clear that at lunchtime all that is available is sandwiches etc...

I personally will not be making my way back to this cafe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12