Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Fridge engineer

Default Fridge engineer

Could anyone recommend a local refrigeration engineer ? Have a side by side american fridge freezer that has just stopped getting cold and need it sorted asap !

Try northern refrigeration. Don't know the number off hand but it will be in the business section i think. He's a friendly guy and does the big supermarkets fridges.
    Renovating and Plumbing work
    Good rates
    07921 193353

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Tried both PH Watson and Northern Refrigeration neither can help cant try Beggs now as they are closed.

I take it its not the fuse there are a good few articles on the web about fridge repairs have you had a look?
    Good rates
    07921 193353

No still making a noise and lights on but not getting cold had a look on the net cant really see what it could be

Is it both the fridge and freezer that have stopped working?
    Good rates
    07921 193353

yes both sides

If it's a Samsung, there is a design fault in the older models (pre 2006) which means that the fan ices up and the temperature starts to rise. But, be warned, it took 4 years of constant complaining, engineers coming out, fans being replaced, before Samsung eventually gave us our money back - and that was only after getting Trading Standards involved.

I had a beko and waited and waited for a part it had the same problem was the fan in the end i gave up and got another, i know that may not be an option but here in caithness seems impossiable to get anything like that done

its a whirlpool

quite a good thread
    http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ridge-freezers
    Seems diffuser is a common problem although by the sounds of it looks like it is recurring unfortunatly
    Good rates
    07921 193353

I know it'll sound weird but mine stopped being cold once and I turned it off at the temp control thing and then back on and it came to life, worth a try if you haven't already.