Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: outlokk express

Default outlokk express

Can anyone tell me how I can get my outlook express to send my emails. I receive them but when I try to reply or to send a new email I get this message
    An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'test', Account: 'xxxxxxl', Server: 'xxxxxxx', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '451 Invalid Smtp line - Should end with CRLF', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 451, Error Number: 0x800CCC6A
    obviously the account and server aren't xxxx!
    Two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe.

Einstein

Isn't outlook express obsolete now? Could that have something to do with it?
    ¡ǝʇǝןdɯoɔ sı ǝɟıן ʎɯ - buızɐɹb sǝsɹoɥ ʎɯ sı ooן ʎɯ ɯoɹɟ ʍǝıʌ ǝɥʇ

Hi There

Here are some instructions for you to follow to see test your access to port 25

Testing your access to port 25You can check to see if your email is being blocked by using a telnet client. If you can connect to the outgoing mailserver on port 25, this will confirm that your problem mostly likely lies with the Outlook Express application, or your settings. To do the test:
    1. Click the Start button, then RUN
    2. In the RUN prompt, type 'cmd' (on Windows NT/2000/XP) or 'Command' on Windows 95/98/ME
    3. In the new window, type 'telnet relay.plus.net 25' then press enter. Take care in your typing as you may not see what you type so its easy to make a mistake. If you do, its best to start again
    4. You should be connected to the mailserver - you should see a response that begins with "220." which confirms the port 25 is open. If you don't get the "220" response, either the mailserver is not operating properly (check service status), you're not connected to the internet or something on your system may be blocking port 25

Let me know how it goes

ICM

PM me if you need to?

Quote Originally Posted by Leanne View Post
    Isn't outlook express obsolete now? Could that have something to do with it?
    Eh? hope not, still using mine with no problems...
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

who is your email provider? might be able to find the email providers settings online.
    Deanne