Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Burnistoun theme tune... 'Thurso'?

Default Burnistoun theme tune... 'Thurso'?

Anyone watch the new BBC Scotland show 'Burnistoun'??

Apparently the theme is called 'Thurso' and is by a Glasgow based band called Over The Wall.

Anyone shed any light on this? Coincidence or are they local?
    Week will inherit the earth.....

I came across this song a few years ago but couldn't find a link behind the band and Thurso. I sent them a message on facebook but they ignored it.
    As to the relevance to the program? Well I only saw a few minutes as it was so ridiculous but it seems to represent a typical south west town so I would say they just went with it for the sound, not the name.

Just found this thread: http://forum.caithness.org/showthrea...hurso-and-Wick

Default Thhurso connection

Hi WeeRob In reply to your post yes there is a connection to Thurso all be it distant. The band Over the wall is made up of two guys one (Gav) is from Bathgate and has family connections in Thurso. I belive the tune was chossen for the music and not the towns name. Gav has stayed in Thurso many times over the years and know the area well. P S the band have embarked on a tour of Britian ( Around Britian in 80 Days) wich include dates in Thurso and Stornoway. hope this helps grant.