Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Castletown eye sore

Default Castletown eye sore

Can anyone tell me what that is next to the Castletown Drill Hall. It has a Norscot sticker on the front of it. I thought it might have been for a new build near the main road of Castletown but it doesn't look like it. It has been there for 2 years +. Anyone like to let me know what that eye sore is for?

You might want to contact Norscot at their Bower Workshops. The telephone number is: 01955 641303
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

Maybe it's a work in progress?

That part of Castletown isn't looking too good at the moment anyway, what with that boarded up project next to the Drill Hall, and then the burnt out Taj Mahal opposite and empty garage. It's a real shame, as the rest of the main road which runs through Castletown is pleasant enough. The Drill Hall looks like it needs a bit of money spending on it too.

But it's all time and money, and there's just never enough of those things around.

the Drill Hall has just had £30,000 spent on the small hall, the windows are next to be upgraded as you say it all takes time and money.

There's a Community Council meeting in the Drill Hall this evening (I think, unless it's been changed - should be a poster in the PO window) so why not come and ask as I know they've been trying to get Norscot to do something about it for ages. They weren't able to build what they wanted so having made a mess of it they seem to have just abandoned it.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

What on earth has the small hall needed? That all that money has been spent on it. Didn't think it was old enough to justify spending that kind of money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by plumber View Post
    What on earth has the small hall needed? That all that money has been spent on it. Didn't think it was old enough to justify spending that kind of money on it.
    Plumber think you will find it was badly water damaged over the winter due to a burst pipe

What a shame, sorry to hear that.

The small hall was in desperate need, it'll be looking fabulous after that money. Each thing one step at a time.

Over 6 years later, it's looking a lot worse. At least there is some building going on in the Main Street.

Castletown has always been a hole, and always will be it seems
    W.A.T.P.

Castletown needs a much stronger community council that pushes forward with the issues that directly effect the community and are up for taking those who are hell bent on bring things down to book . Name and Shame really works, the highland council should hold those folk to book for failing the stitch to the planning they got , if they don't do what was promised legal action should be an opinion that the defaulters expense .

the highland council have no room to speak .castletown old cemetery is an utter disgrace,a fortnight ago i got in touch with council and offered to clean it up free of charge,and have yet to get a decision.to many cut backs is no excuse.

I think Castletown is nice pretty village. It has good Children play ground and football ground as well. You can nick and pick little things, but most has good shops and history with great harbour area.

In reply to the Castletown eye sore posts of 21st October, why criticize the Community council who are in the older age group and are few in numbers and doing all they can but come along to the meetings and give them support. If anyone of the public can help please come along
    next Thursday and air your views to the community council at their meeting in the small drill hall at 19 30 . I am sure they will make you most welcome
    The work in the cemetary has now started an they are doing a very good job with their limited resources

am very pleased to hear it,just a shame its been so neglected in the first place.

Default Flats for sale in Castletown

was up at cemetary today,the very top cemetary untouched,between trees that have fallen and broken grave stones and ivy covering stones got to take my hat of to council,what an absolute joke.

Since when has broken gravestones been the responsibility of the Council ? It's up to the plot owners to maintain them. And since the very top cemetery is centuries old I can't imagine there's many next of kin around. The other two cemeteries at Olrig are well maintained.

Another moaner for moaning sake.

words fail me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast