Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: music shop, wick

Default music shop, wick

is there still a music shop in wick? not been through the town in ages, and cant remember if the one up by the post office completely closed or moved. i know the one in thurso, but as im heading into wick tomorrow thought id get what i need there if possible, and save on the extra mileage.

cheers

The Wick Music Shop is sadly long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Cowie View Post
    The Wick Music Shop is sadly long gone.
    Aye, that what happens when the likes of Tesco sells recorded music cheaper than a small shop can buy wholesale!
    So much for supporting local shops.....and enjoying their personal service.

Damn Tesco and their cheap stuff and nice staff when we're in middle of a recession, damn them to hell I tell you!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    Damn Tesco and their cheap stuff and nice staff when we're in middle of a recession, damn them to hell I tell you!
    I still think a music shop in Wick could work.. it would need to diversify into t-shirts, clothing and merch but a broad range of CDs / instruments could attract people. Tesco doesn't stock everything you know..
    Week will inherit the earth.....

I don't think Tesco is the problem any more, I think it is the internet. Tesco don't stock that much musical stuff, but it is so convenient to purchase music over the internet so that is where I get most of my stuff from. I would love to have a local music shop, but quick frankly the prices they would be likely to charge are beyond my pocket when the identical thing can be bought online at a fraction of the rrp. Something would have to make it really stand out from the crowd, like the Wrigley Sisters' shop in Kirkwall which is also a cafe... A musical cafe, that would be quite good!
    "Music is Forever" Paul Simon
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels" Thomas Carlyle
    www.music-monster.co.uk

Doesn't Morag's sell strings and plectrums n stuff?