Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: This is what religion does for the world

Default This is what religion does for the world

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-12944851

Totally absurd. People beheaded and mass attacks over someone burning a book, and a work of fiction at that. Quite how anyone who advocates religious belief can explain this I would like to see. And before you blame "extremists" remember that fundamentalists cant exist without religion underpinning it......

Sooner Islam, Christianity and every other faith disappears the better. Would think its the 10th century and not the 21st with this nonsense.

I'm particularly impressed with the attention-seeking 'Pastor' in the States who burned the Koran to prove a point but claims he can't be held responsible for the results.

What goes on in the heads of him and those Westboro church gimps?
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

My thoughts have always been.

Religion has a lot to answer for.
    You don't have to be mad to know me but it helps.

That pastor needs shot, and he needs shot simply cause hes an idiot that the world wouldnt miss! Incredible. Can you imagine a mass uprising at Oxford and them storming the US embassy and beheading people if some student at harvard burned a copy of Origin of the species?!?! It would quite rightly be be classed as an act of madness and the offenders punished and ostracized form society.

Anyone want to put across religions view on this madness?

One or more biggots has manufactured a situation that they knew full well would result in the deaths of others through the hands of extremists. It is little more than murder by proxy.

This is a crime against humanity and they should all be treated with the contempt that they deserve.
    dafsorkneybirding.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by weezer 316 View Post
    That pastor needs shot, and he needs shot simply cause hes an idiot that the world wouldnt miss!?
    My god wheezer you are as predgidiced and as intollreant as the rest of them.....whats your motto....spread the hate...equal ignorance for all!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-12944851

Totally absurd. People beheaded and mass attacks over someone burning a book, and a work of fiction at that. Quite how anyone who advocates religious belief can explain this I would like to see. And before you blame "extremists" remember that fundamentalists cant exist without religion underpinning it......

Sooner Islam, Christianity and every other faith disappears the better. Would think its the 10th century and not the 21st with this nonsense.
    Yep - all this originated in the home of the brave and the land of the free! But hey - we can always hope with their right to bear arms someone will shoot the mad pastor,.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

Its ok to burn the bible, the Union flag or poppies on Remembrance day though.

Quote Originally Posted by dafi View Post
    My god wheezer you are as predgidiced and as intollreant as the rest of them.....whats your motto....spread the hate...equal ignorance for all!!!!
    Sorry, sarcasm is hard to get across online. I clearly dont advocate shooting him on one hand then criticizing the deaths in the linked piece on the other. My point was to illistrate how lowly I think of such people, especially one who touts religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazeye View Post
    Its ok to burn the bible, the Union flag or poppies on Remembrance day though.
    Aye - that's because the die-hard lefties will tell you we are a tolerant, multicultural nation where diversity is paramount. I wonder how that happened? I can't remember any meaningful discussion - oh there wasn't one incase it was deemed racist!.
    Maya Angelou

Lynch mob mentality is not just the sole prerogative of religion. If you look at the news you'll see it goes on every day worldwide, for various reasons.

How about a black football player in England, chased and hit with bricks because he scored against the other team, a suspected thief in Uganda, beaten to death by a crowd, or nine people in India, including four children, burnt to death in the house of a man accused of killing a village leader. None of them have anything to do with religion. It is also going on in Libya right now.

So yes, religion may have a lot to answer for, but it does not stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Shabbychic View Post
    Lynch mob mentality is not just the sole prerogative of religion. If you look at the news you'll see it goes on every day worldwide, for various reasons.

How about a black football player in England, chased and hit with bricks because he scored against the other team, a suspected thief in Uganda, beaten to death by a crowd, or nine people in India, including four children, burnt to death in the house of a man accused of killing a village leader. None of them have anything to do with religion. It is also going on in Libya right now.

Your right it certainly doesn't stand alone. However most of the points you brought up were at worst spontaneous madness, or as you put it "Lynch mob mentality". None of them has an entire organization, structured and spanning the whole world , indoctrinating a new generation that unbridled belief is a good thing, and killing in the name of a work of fiction is ok and infact is deemed good in the eyes of the creator. Thats why religion must disappear and soon

I'm assuming your reply was to me, as you have quoted me.
    Did i say that religion is responsible for every ill doing in the world. NO. I am not that naive to think so.
    But as i said and still stand by, it does have a lot to answer for.

My old Dad taught me a long time ago that there have been more people killed on this little planet of ours because of one word RELIGION, regardless of which one, Christian, Islam, Hindu or what ever, and I have not had any reason to disbelieve him yet.
    Last edited by golach; 02-Apr-11 at 15:38.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by shazzap View Post
    I'm assuming your reply was to me, as you have quoted me.
    Did i say that religion is responsible for every ill doing in the world. NO. I am not that naive to think so.
    But as i said and still stand by, it does have a lot to answer for.
    My reply was not to you, if it was, I would have quoted you. "Having a lot to answer for" is a generic statement. I was merely stating my views on the the topic heading.

Religions all over the world DIVIDE people, perhaps that is why they were created in the first place? Everyone in the world is too busy arguing over whos god is best and fighting each other in the name of religion to do anything else. Its a smokescreen for a lot of things and as the 21st century unfolds it will show itself for what it is. Its a way to conquer and rule through fear and nothing else.....

K

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    My old Dad taught me a long time ago that there have been more people killed on this little planet of ours because of one word RELIGION, regardless of which one, Christian, Islam, Hindu or what ever, and I have not had any reason to disbelieve him yet.
    Whole heartedly agree with you.

My reply was not to you, if it was, I would have quoted you. "Having a lot to answer for" is a generic statement. I was merely stating my views on the the topic heading.
    Apology to you. If that was the case.

originally from aberdeen,now live somewhere north of brig a doon

Post This is what religion does for the world.

The bible clearly warns you against the practices of false religions.It also states,that no true practicing christian would take up arms against his fellow brothers.Although i am not a jehovah witness,i have great respect for them.False religions can be recognised by their teachings.In my opinion, jehovah witnesses are the only practicing christians who to my mind stand fast to bible principles.Satan at the moment rules this world.And as we all should know,he is the deciever.He trys to pull us as far away from god as he possibly can.But it must be remembered, he has also been called the angle of light.This is one of the reasons why, there are so many false religions in this world today.

Thats why religion must disappear and soon
    God is in our lives; yesterday, today, tomorrow and for ever.... always has been; always will be .... DEAL WITH IT !!! (Oh and before you (and possibly others?) decide to take umbridge with my sentiments...........It's a Free Forum that I choose to comment on......if you have trouble with my sincere and heartfelt thoughts on MY religion, then I more than welcome PM's ? !
    Last edited by cherokee; 02-Apr-11 at 16:36.
    I'm the kind of woman whose feet hit the floor each morning, and the Devil says........... " Oh, Blast She's Up !! "

Quote Originally Posted by fudge100 View Post
    The bible clearly warns you against the practices of false religions.It also states,that no true practicing christian would take up arms against his fellow brothers.Although i am not a jehovah witness,i have great respect for them.False religions can be recognised by their teachings.In my opinion, jehovah witnesses are the only practicing christians who to my mind stand fast to bible principles.Satan at the moment rules this world.And as we all should know,he is the deciever.He trys to pull us as far away from god as he possibly can.But it must be remembered, he has also been called the angle of light.This is one of the reasons why, there are so many false religions in this world today.
    Being a mere mortal how can I be sure the Bible doesn't promulgate a false religion?
    Maya Angelou

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast