Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: THURSO V WICK QUIZ SPECIAL

Anonymous Guest

The Tea-ina Bowlers or Cracka Cuppas dinna stand a chance against us superior weekers.

Anonymous Guest

On 2002-02-07 17:54, Kathleen wrote:

I will be there for the quiz. Playing on the Wickers side of course since hubby is a Wicker. Do we get extra points since Feb. 17th is my Birthday????

Good on ya Kathleen.

Join up we the winners!!!

Anonymous Guest

On 2002-02-07 19:32, Alan Farquhar wrote:

The Tea-ina Bowlers or Cracka Cuppas dinna stand a chance against us superior weekers.
    Lady K's version:

The Tea-ina Bowlers or Cracka Cuppas stand a SUPERIOR chance against the INFERIOR WEAKERS!

The WEEKERS are the WEAKEST LINK !!!

Not many people know this but scientific research has proved beyond doubt that the people of Wick & area (along with residents in the West of the County) are intellectually superior to the residents of Thurso and area. As many of you will know "fish is food for the brain" and a study carried out in 1914 and again in 1965 by the Royal College of Surgeons and the Schools Inspectorate concluded that the aforementioned superiority was directly attributable to the Wick herring fishing boom, when the forefathers of today's populace ate fish aplenty and of course had cash assets to enable them to purchase meat when they so wished. Thurso, on the other hand, existed on a diet of bere meal and potatoes.According to historians of the early 20th century the population of Thurso "were idle in nature, much addicted to strong liquors, and were a coarse and licentious race." In the early years of the 21st century the population of Wick still retains the intellect of their fathers while little change is apparent in Thurso.

The above is an extract from Davies "History of Caithness 2002" shortly to be published by "The John o Groat Journal". For advance copies, marked with a cross by the author, please send Ł70, or 10 Ł7 notes if you live in Thurso, to Davie Imanutter, c/o Caithness.org

Anonymous Guest

Was that a Red Herring, perchance, Davie?

AH! Maybe that's why the Wick side of 't county stinks of fish! Ick! Anyone got a peg for my nose for the next time I go over there soz... not hehe

Anonymous Guest

I'm ROFL, Ms A!

Kay,

I'm funny coz I'm not fae wick

Soz.. not ~ again

Muahaha!

Ms A

Davie, are you saying that Wickers have generational memory...sort of like BUTTERFLIES??

Will a butterfly be the Wick team mascot?

Anonymous Guest

Ms A, Ah ken ye're no fae Week! Ah ken fa ye're fae, lassagie!

huh?????

Okay, where am ah fae?

Anonymous Guest

Ah'm nae geein' yer secret oot oan eh message board, Ms A! Let folk think ye're really fae Planet Zonk!

Anonymous Guest

On 2002-02-01 04:38, sassylass wrote:

On 2002-02-01 01:20, acameron wrote:

OK - THE MIGHTY FORCE OF THE USA HAS BEEN KIND ENOUGH TO BE THE QUIZMASTERS FOR THE QUIZ - HELENW AND SASSYLASS (LOVELY LOVELY LASSIES FORM CALIFORNIA) ARE THE QUIZMASTERS.

ps. They are really great lassies, the best even

I think I've just been buttered up one side and down the other...

Kinky

Anonymous Guest

On 2002-02-01 20:42, Doolally wrote:

Wick against Thurso!! Dinna make me laugh....everyone already knows that the Wickers will win hands down.

OMG....maybe I shouldna have said that!!

What in being stupid?

Anonymous Guest

Can I suggest brown for the Weekers team colours it will cover up all the bullshite.

Roll on 17th.

On 2002-02-08 15:51, Lady K wrote:

Ah'm nae geein' yer secret oot oan eh message board, Ms A! Let folk think ye're really fae Planet Zonk!

It might be best... what they dunnae ken willnae hurt them!

Anonymous Guest

On 2002-02-08 16:07, devilment wrote:

Can I suggest brown for the Weekers team colours it will cover up all the bullshite.

Roll on 17th.

And yers wil be "Yellow" Devilment for hiding behind a name.

okkkkkkkkkkkkk not that i am one bit worried, but i think we should have team names, as i can hear the bongo drums working fast and hard to call out the weekers to the stand, after all they might cahoot and cheat!

Anonymous Guest

Highlander !!!!!!

Good on ye!!!!!!

Ye said what all Thurso folk were thinking

I just want till go on record...

IF Wick does indeed win it will only be because THURSO felt sorry for them and LET them win

After all Thurso is the most gracious toon!!

Anonymous Guest

Davie....

Will ye explain to me How the Heck de ye think eating Fish in 1914 will help the Weekers til win a quiz game in 2002?

and for any o ye that thought Davies story is true.. never worry THURSO players...... I have it covered my mothers father was a fisherman from Lybster and I was born at my Grandparents house there, but returned to Thurso at 1 week old , I can testify that I ate plenty fish(for brain food) but also had the influence of Thurso and their winning ways

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast