Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zhain +Support from Astronot

The Big Mac has to do music in between! It's pretty much the only time we get Rage Against The Machine on in Skins these days

>>>News<<<

Zhain couldn't make the concert, so the modified line up was as follows:

Redwall

Stevie Taylor

AstroNot

Cheers to the AstroNot guys for re-organising the concert at the very last minute!! It was a great night!!

>>>End of News<<<

It was a really good night, ive heard lots of reports from people saying how good each of the bands were.

It ran really smoothly from my side aswell, no problems. Just ran out of PA at the end!!

Redwall played a good set, until their singer left the stage to try to coax people onto the dancefloor, People dont dance in Thurso!! Were all sad!! Well there is that mad crowd which have taken to moshing a bit. . . .

Having only been asked to play the gig a day before the event Stevie Taylor had to pull in some Temporary band members. His line up were: Stevie T, Mark Wright, Stuart Maitland and Kevin Macleod. They only had 2 hours practise on sunday morning together for the first time but were really brilliant on stage.

Whats worse than a 4X12 on the stage? tweo 4X12's on the stage!! (just thought i would add that !)

AstroNot were really good yesterday (headlining the event). They really had the crowd going. They really looked like they were enjoying themselves and the crowd was going a bit mental too! You really have got a good thing going lads!! I could say a whole lot more about how good there performance was but i wont (not now anyhoo)
    See you at the next one!!

Cheers BigKev. It was a very enjoyable nights entertainment from all concerned. What a blast.
    Rock on !!
    Asinus asinum fricat

Yeah cheers Kev. I think I can speak for Jamie, Stevie and myself and say we had a great time.

We thoroughly enjoyed playing and watching Redwall and the legend that is Stevie "I sold my soul for rock n' roll" Taylor! Considering there rushed rehearsal in the afternoon I thought they were superb, typical Stevie.T set... rock, rock and more RAWK!!!

Cheers for doing the sound and the nice comments.

Darren

Thumbs up

big thanx Kev,it was a great night for me to do some rockin and hangin out with fellow musos and friends

Last edited by Studio66; 04-Sep-06 at 18:12.

I think theboss said it all. Was a fantastic night. Had a great time. Was awesome hanging out with the legend that is Stevie "If I walk into a church I will spontaniously combust" Taylor, the Doc was there... what a dude. I had a great night. Thanks very much to the other bands for putting on a show at the very last minute, really appreciated. Admittedly... we were rubbish on the bar... only £65 worth of drink on our tab. Boo!

Cheers for doing the sound and compliments Kev!

yeah it turned into one hell of a night.all the more impressive given how impromtu the inclusion of stevie t and redwall were. goes to show if people btoher thigns get done and thats a problem thats plagued the scene for a while particularly with some of the younger bands in wick. they dont put themselves out there and get themselves regular publicity. doign a gig every month or tw o is fine if u are in an established band but in the early days u have to play your asses off as often as you can to make a name for yourselves. With one or two exceptions most of the bands on my side of the county are all well established and hav been playing together for many years all be it under a variety of guises. as my brother and his band mates have found out publicity pays off.

anyway sliding slightly off topic. all bands were excellent and thank god for Jakob and his friends for kick starting the pit even though it was only 4 of us for a while. good night hope to see more like it, its what we need
    WWCD? What Would Cthulhu Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12