Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Batch Meals

Default Batch Meals

Going to attempt to start cooking my meals for the week on a Sunday and then freezing - any ideas for something 'different' - have the usual mince, stews etc. Any new ideas?

hawian pork with chips is lovely the reipie is on here!

I freese it

or lesagne

or macaroni

or curry Make your own sauce then freeze it and add chicken when ready to eat

yum!

Cook a large batch of tomato pasta sauce, bolognese sauce, cheese sauce etc and split into several portions before freezing. You can then use these to make a variety of different meals (chilli, pasta bake, shepherd's pie, stews etc) from the same basic sauce

A good variation on plain tomato sauce is a roasted vegetable pasta sauce (like the ones in little pots in Tescos but cheaper and just as nice, if not more so!!). My husband is usually not that keen on lots of veg but he likes this one so I make lots of it

Chop into 1cm dice an aubergine, 2 courgettes and a couple of red onions and two bay leaves/some rosemary/thyme - whatever you like and whatever's to hand. Mix together in a bowl with a decent glug of olive oil so everything has a thin coating. Roast in a shallow layer (you might need two roasting dishes depending on the size) for 30-40 minutes, giving it a stir round half way through, until lovely and golden. Mix with a standard tomato base made from 3 cans of tomatos and a big onion finely diced. Season and batch up.