Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Donald Bain and Elizabeth Tait dau Elizabeth married to Wemyss Thomson

Default Donald Bain and Elizabeth Tait dau Elizabeth married to Wemyss Thomson

Is anyone related to this family or have any info on the family. I am helping a friend with her research who is hoping to make a trip to Scotland and find more info or even a descendant.

The daughter of Wemyss Thomson and Elizabeth Bain came to Australia and there are descendants living here.

Any info would be helpful.

thanks Lynn
    Located in Australia

Is there anything more you can tell us about Donald Bain, eg dates, where in Caithness he may have come from. It is a common name in Caithness.
    spittalhill

What I know so far is there Weymss Thompson married Elizabeth Bain Tait 20 October 1826. Elizabeth parents Donald Bain and Elizabeth Tait. There daughter Catherine Rose Thompson baptisted 2.2.1830 came to Australia. Her mother Elizabeth Bain Tait came to Australia also and died her. There are some other family members who also came to Australia.

thanks for reading posting, I would like to find parents of Weymss and any other descendants cheers Lynn
    Located in Australia

Hi "cousin" Lynn,
    I have some info on this family, get in touch with me at " Sarcletters" as there are links with some of us. Weymss Thompson Parents ( George Thompson bc 1749 Watten + Catherine Rosie b.c. 1749 Canisbay. marr.1776 Wick.
    Regards Teeny

Default Donald Bain and Elizabeth Tait

I am the great grandaughter of Wemyss Thomson. I have a considerable amount of information on the family.

If you wish to make contact with me please email on robyn@wabyn.com.au.

Robyn.

Quote Originally Posted by lynn prow View Post
    Is anyone related to this family or have any info on the family. I am helping a friend with her research who is hoping to make a trip to Scotland and find more info or even a descendant.

The daughter of Wemyss Thomson and Elizabeth Bain came to Australia and there are descendants living here.

Any info would be helpful.

thanks Lynn